My latest re-skin. With all do respects to Pencil42.

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
thegrindre

My latest re-skin. With all do respects to Pencil42.

Post by thegrindre »

Been playin' around with one of your standard gauged UP low sided coal cars and came up with this version. (No ARN nor any road name);

If you like it, can I upload it to the DLD?

Thanks,
Last edited by thegrindre on Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick
TRS 2004 Deluxe Edition v2.4 Build 2365
Creating in 3D Canvas Pro
Web site = http://allricksstuff.com/
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Looks even better than the original :)

Yep, all my content is free to do with whatever you like (with the rare exception where I modified someone else's content; then their more restrictive license usually applies).
Check the license line in the config.txt if you have any questions as to modification or redistribution of a particular piece.
I never mind seeing a screenshot, though, as I am curious what other people do with my stuff :)
nwhitney

Post by nwhitney »

:lol: I have to agree, sorry, Curtis.
Rick, will we still be able to implement ARN, will the attachment points still be there?
Norm
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

Thanks. I'll get it up right away.
Ya, I read your License, Curtis, but out of courtesy I still like to let the original author know what I'm doing to their stuff. LOL

Well, Norm, I have removed all but the bare essential files to this version. It's a none numbered, none road named coal car. I didn't fool with the mesh, just removed the extra files the folder contained. You could essentially replace those files and all should work again, I guess.
I guess you can convert it back as you like with my skins. Neither Curtis nor I would mind. We both have the same 'open book' policy about our stuff. But, what ever you do, HAVE FUN!

:D
Rick
nwhitney

Post by nwhitney »

Rick,
Whoever Allen Richards is, he's a talented guy. Really nice job on the sideboards. The attachment points are still there for ARN, so if anyone's interested. Sure wish we could dirty up the numbers.
Merry Christmas
Norm
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

Thanks, Norm. I've been re-skinnin' and makin' content for games many many years, now. Started with SimCity3000 Unlimited. (I just can't seem to catch on to Gmax, though.)

LOL. Allen Richards has been an old alias of mine from way back when I was a kid. I would use it when inquiring into 'junk' mail before we had PC's. If I received mail under that name, it usually was junk.

I lost everything I owned in that fire awhile back and bought a new version of Trainz2004. I was told I would get a First Class Ticket as a new trainzer as I needed to re-download everything again so, I registered it under Allen Richards to get one. Unfortunately, I didn't get one so, now I am he/him also. I didn't want to register/login at all the forums under a new name so I just include steamdrivre along with my usual id to keep things simple.

Now, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy!
Last edited by thegrindre on Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick
nwhitney

Post by nwhitney »

Well that explains some nagging questions I had. I only noticed because of having to add the creator kuid in the config for the ARN. Wait a minute! That's not thegrindre's kuid!
Have a good holiday,
Norm
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

Well, I'm still debating with myself on whether I should go with my new id or not, since everything I do from now on, will be under the new steamdrivre kuid number. :?

thegrindre is registered under a TRS2006 version which I lost, also and not sure if I can make content in '04 and use the '06 id. It's all very confusing. :?

I'm sooooo confused. :?
Rick
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

thegrindre wrote:Well, I'm still debating with myself on whether I should go with my new id or not, since everything I do from now on, will be under the new steamdrivre kuid number. :?

thegrindre is registered under a TRS2006 version which I lost, also and not sure if I can make content in '04 and use the '06 id. It's all very confusing. :?
You can register multiple versions under the same ID, and you can also create content using a particular ID that is equal to or less than the versions you have registered (if that makes sense)
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

I think the 'damage' has already been done since I've already registered this version under my alias which gave me another kuid number. That's my confusion, all folks around cyberspace know me as, thegrindre, with all previous content I've made for all games that I've played. (Mid to late 90's) I started Trainz as thegrindre and unfortunately, I've technically lost it to steamdrivre because of one of life's mishaps. (And, my ignorance.)

So, I'm torn between the two id's. Technically, I should use steamdrivre because of the registration but am torn because the rest of the universe knows me as, thegrindre, Internet wide. :? :? :?

I probably should use, steamdrivre, in this little world, I guess, just to help keep the confusion down. :D Hell, I've already had Norm scratching his head. :lol:
Rick
Col Hogan

Post by Col Hogan »

Alright, I know this is gonna sound pretty lame as well BUT :(
As I earlier signed on with TRS'04 on the forums with Col Klink and another forum (this one), at some point I decided I didn't like it and registered here AGAIN after I forgot I had registered as Kllink but this time
was Col Hogan. It kinda stuck and for the past two years everyone knows me as Col Hogan. Now that I can upload stuff to DLS, TPR and Sir Gibby's, I like to keep the name of Hogan.

In some cases of the re-skins I've done, I have indicated in the 'license line' of Col Klink / Hogan 2007, 2008.

I'm trying to live down Klink, which I never really liked in the first place.
Call me Hogan any day, just don't call me late for dinner.
"Floundering Around in Mediocrity For No Particular Reason...."
nwhitney

Post by nwhitney »

Guess I'm an old fart, or not very imaginative, as I never understood the nickname deal.
Norm