Freight depot products?

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
Pencil
Site Admin

Freight depot products?

Post by Pencil »

I'm getting ready to set up products for the freight depots (finally). Should I just grab some products I think are appropriate, and set up queues using those, or should I use the multi-industry script, which would allow any product, but has to be set up in surveyer before it can be used?
Any opinions?
Dreadnought1

Post by Dreadnought1 »

This is an old thread but I've only just found it...
Here are my suggestions:

- Pencil's Old General Goods
- "General Goods 1" - kuid2:43955:11003:1
- "Gold Medal Flour" - kuid2:43955:11001:1
- "Domino Sugar" - kuid2:43955:11002:1
- "Cement Bag Pallet" - kuid2:60318:10008:1
- "Fertiliser Bagged Pallet" - kuid2:60318:10010:2
- "Lumber" - don't have the kuid but it's built-in to both '04 and '06
- "Oranges" in bins - don't have the kuid for that either, sorry!
and
- "Fertiliser Bagged" - kuid:61119:80006
(it's a '06 but Prowler901s rollingstock is already set up for it)

One question: will you set up the Freight Depots with ProtoLARS loading or the Multi Product instant loading?

While on the topic of goods loading (and especially for those who like the ProtoLARS loading system), Auran's standard General Goods are included in the PL Warehouse asset while for the D&RGW fans (using Prowler901's freight cars), the "AUS General Freight" is a PL asset which will load Fertiliser Bagged and Flour Bagged for you.

Cheers,
Dreadnought1
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

I like the idea of 'any' product myself but it won't stop me from using it any other way. LOL
Rick
TRS 2004 Deluxe Edition v2.4 Build 2365
Creating in 3D Canvas Pro
Web site = http://allricksstuff.com/
Col Hogan

Post by Col Hogan »

Curtis, you are my hero.......... :D
Once I get the Ale House Beverages done and working like I like it, you may add these products:

Guiness Ale 169585:81005
Mixed Barrels 37096:1233
Old West Hay 124060:10005:1 (your own)
Wood Barrels 58422:100133

Wouldn't it be nice to have an Offload (consumer) to unload my Guiness Ale from the Beverage Warehouse ??? Hmmm ????

And might I add that each of these four are available on DLS. My 2 cents worth would be to make a Multiple Industry and not ProtoLars. I like to pick the products and the amounts of each and not have it any more complicated.
ProtoLars seems to be a little more involved than I like.
Thankyou very much.

Ken
Dreadnought1

Post by Dreadnought1 »

ProtoLARS isn't too complex once you've tried it out (and there's a guide on how to use it floating around too).

I find it has several major advantages:
First, all the cars won't be loaded simultaneously unless you want them to be so loading is far more prototypical. Dropping 4 stock cars at the stockyard and having them loaded before you even uncouple always seemed a bit weird... I find being able to spot cars, then go away to do other switching and returning later when the loading has finished works for me.
Secondly, you can set up PL assets to work so incoming product leads to outgoing product either at that same PL asset or at another PL asset. This is great for goods interchange/transhipment (eg. Lumber in on 3ft, Lumber out on SG) or manufacturing (Ore coming in, Ingots going out).

Cheers,
Dreadnought1