Old west passenger depot upgrade

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
Pencil
Site Admin

Old west passenger depot upgrade

Post by Pencil »

I've finally gotten around to upgrading the old west passenger depot to support baggage, mail, and express cargos. I also gave it a new paint job, to provide more variety with respect to the Virginia City depot. Should I release this as an upgrade to the existing depot on the DLS, or as a seperate depot?
And, would this be an acceptible paint scheme? Though it looks like it could use some molding at the paint seperation....

nwhitney

Post by nwhitney »

Looks very nice, Curtis. As for acceptable, yes, there should be something at the paint separation, either a ledger board or perhaps different siding, color scheme looks good to me. I'd vote for a separate depot.
Norm
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

Beautiful!
I like the separate depot, also.
Rick
TRS 2004 Deluxe Edition v2.4 Build 2365
Creating in 3D Canvas Pro
Web site = http://allricksstuff.com/
bdaneal

Post by bdaneal »

Seperate asset. The coloring is proto for some railroad, but I can't remember which right now. I agree with the need for a seperator at the joint of the two colors.
Cheers,
Ben
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

OK, I added the strip of wood and made it a separate asset. It's on the beta page now - let me know if you have any issues with it; otherwise it'll go to the DLS next week sometime.

Curtis
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

Arg! I can't seem to get it to work as it should... The AI won't stop at it and nothing happens when I manually stop there. Am I doing something wrong? Is it me? :shock:

I deleted the old depot, installed this one, attached the track to it, renamed it then tested it but nothing happens.
The old depot has a side menu that says, 'platform' or 'track side' to the side of it when sending the AI there. This depot is missing that 'platform' or 'track side' addition to the 'DRIVE TO >' menu.

Hope all this makes sense... :roll:
Rick
nwhitney

Post by nwhitney »

Sorry Curtis, I have the same problem as Rick and I run '06. None of the stuff in the string table in the config file shows up in the properties window.
Norm
But it does look nice!
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Heh - functionality is overrated, anyway :oops:
That'll teach me to rush....
Anyway - a new version has been uploaded - thank you for the feedback!
nwhitney

Post by nwhitney »

THAT fixed 'er. I have one question though. Were platforms always that wide out in your area? I only have the ones here in PA to go by. Looks Good.
Norm
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

Sheesh! I thought it was me again... :roll:

It all depended, Norm. Some were wide some were narrow, it was a matter of money and space and status. Some towns had very large wide platforms because they could in those olden days. Back then, 'we' weren't as cramped as you may have been with population. (I say 'we' because I was born and bread in the west.)

There was a lot of wide open space back in those days out west.

:D
Rick
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

It's a good point, though - maybe I'll narrow this one up just a tad - just to differentiate from the other depot.
You guys see any issues if I upgrade the other old west depot to add baggage / mail / express cargos?
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

This one works as it should, now. I love it!
Narrow it down a bit? Why not. Good idea. :wink:

I personally would like the other depot upgraded. Sure... The more 'working' things the better as far as I'm concerned. I love to watch 'things' happen. :D
Rick
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

OK, new version is now on the beta page. I narrowed down the platform a bit, and (if you have TRS '06 or later) you can roll it a couple of degrees to better fit a minor slope. If no issues, I'll send it to the DLS next week.

Because of the platform changes, I've moved the track placement, so if you have the old version somewhere, you'll have to adjust the position to get the tracks to line up again.

Enjoy!