TN&O 4-4-0 question

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
bdaneal

TN&O 4-4-0 question

Post by bdaneal »

Does anyone know if the TN&O painted the boiler jackets on their 4-4-0s green at any time between the 1930s and 1950s? I know the SP painted the boiler jackets green on a lot of their bigger steamers (4-6-2s, 4-8-2s), but what about the TN&O?
Cheers,
Ben
Trainzsam

Post by Trainzsam »

Well, I really don't know. My guess is they would have just left it black, as the green boiler would be awfull hard to keep nice and clean. But, I sent you an e-mail a few days ago, did you get it? It was about clearlake 12, and I would appreciate the bogey gmax too.

Thanks,
Sam
My newest motto: Narrow Mindedness: the utter fascination and all consuming love of all railroad equipment that is narrow gauge, I myself have an acute case of this disease, for which there is (fortunately) no cure
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Hmm..... I could take a guess, but that's all it would be. I did find a yahoo group relating to the TN&O, though - someone there might be able to help?

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/tno/

edit: This post seems to indicate black boilers at that time: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/TNO/message/3963
bdaneal

Post by bdaneal »

Sam,
Yes I got the email but forgot to take care of it. I'm working on a big essay at the moment so I might not get it packed up and emailed to you before the weekend.

Pencil,
Thanks. Like I said, the SP painted their boilers green, and I was hoping the TN&O did as well. Oh well, it'll still look good in black.
Cheers,
Ben
Trainzsam

Post by Trainzsam »

OK, thanks Ben. Thats fine if you don't get it to me before the weekend, I can wait. 8)

Sam
My newest motto: Narrow Mindedness: the utter fascination and all consuming love of all railroad equipment that is narrow gauge, I myself have an acute case of this disease, for which there is (fortunately) no cure