Gossen Coalstation - Anyone had issues with this??

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
Dreadnought1

Gossen Coalstation - Anyone had issues with this??

Post by Dreadnought1 »

I've had a lot of trouble getting anything to load with coal from the Gossen Coalstation (2ft track on top). It's also used in the Northbay County layout in TRS06.

So far, I've used it in both coal stage and transfer bin mode but all I've had load up from it were two 36 Coal Hoppers (the little ones) on two separate consists. I haven't managed to get a locomotive (tank or tender) to load up in either coal stage and transfer bin mode. I've tried both ordering trains to the coalstation/ordered them to load and stopping trains under the chute...

Anyone else had these issues or have a solution?

Cheers,
Dreadnought1
"Damn the torpedoes....Ahead!....Full Speed!"
- Adm. David Farragut on 5th August 1864
Trainzsam

Post by Trainzsam »

If you query the object in surveyor I believe there is an option that will make it fill loco tenders aswell, I'm not sure about that though...

Hope this helps,
Sam
My newest motto: Narrow Mindedness: the utter fascination and all consuming love of all railroad equipment that is narrow gauge, I myself have an acute case of this disease, for which there is (fortunately) no cure
nwhitney

Post by nwhitney »

Trainzsam wrote:If you query the object in surveyor I believe there is an option that will make it fill loco tenders aswell, I'm not sure about that though...
You're correct, Sam
Norm
Dreadnought1

Post by Dreadnought1 »

As stated in the original post, I've tried both settings with little success.

as a Coal stage: No success whatsoever with various locomotives and tenders.
as Transfer Bins: Only loaded two out of about fifteen hoppers offered for loading.

Cheers,
Dreadnought1
"Damn the torpedoes....Ahead!....Full Speed!"
- Adm. David Farragut on 5th August 1864
Shortline2
Location: Stuck in Norway, wish I was in the Netherlands - borned/raised in Norway...

Post by Shortline2 »

Hello Dreadnought1,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have with the Gossen Coal bin.

I can't really help much either as the scripting part was done by someone who actually understand the scripting part. :(

As far as I know, it will fill any industry active locomotive with coal as long as it is setup as a coal bin/coal stage. But, the bin it self don't hold very much coal so unless it is filled regularly it will run out empty fast.
There where a problem in the smallness of the bin that the trigger parts interacted with each other and hence the part where the load takes place is on a small radius and may be hard to hit upon.
Especially with the AI driving.

When it is used as a coal transfer, most of the above apply as well, bin is small, it takes load from Only Two 2' Gilpin cars, and as that is the load in, it will also Only fill Two 2' Gilpin cars.

So, from your last post, it seem it fills two cars as expected, to get more, you need to fill it up first. :)

Hopefully I read your message correctly though, English is not my native language, and Trainz is not very active in my life anymore (not so much by choice though) - so I'm not fully up to date on things.

I hope this helps some?

Best wishes

Linda Irene Tingvik
Shortline2
[maker of that little bin... :wink:]