New 30ng Roster Now Available

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
Col Hogan

New 30ng Roster Now Available

Post by Col Hogan »

Guys
I have the pleasure of announcing the new release of some new rolling stock that has been in the works for several months. Now I am ecstatic and glad to get these out to the community so everyone may enjoy the fruits of our labor.

Might I introduced my partner in crime and the guy who put most of the work to make these happen. Norm Whitney is becoming a magician at many parts of Gmax and I'm proud to know him. I just give him stuff and he changes it. All I've done is put another texture on it and work through the config files. Me, I'm just the package man.

Here are the official 240x180 pictures to help introduce the new roster :

The 30ng Boxcar-Woodside #52.
Started out as a Sandy River boxcar and is now undecorated with a number. Mostly equipped for Old West Goods and a few other items.
Nearly everything is new including the link & pin couplers.

30ng Caboose-Tuscan
This started out from the Sandy River Combine series from Peter Pardoe-Matthews and was shortened considerably to a shorty caboose.
A ton of benefits are available including marker lamps, link & pin couplers and a railroad staff member inside making sure the
mail arrives in good shape. The doors operate with sound once it has stopped for a load.
It will accomodate all of the mail products from Curtis.

30ng Coach-Woodside
This charming little addition was also a Sandy River Coach being a little longer in its early days. Much went into this little darling as did the caboose.
Link & pin couplers, new bogeys, passenger-active with Elvenor's Western and Auran's Modern Passengers, and of course marker lamps.
The marker lamps will appear on the appropriate end once a loco has been placed in the consist. A rather nice detail, indeed.
I am rather proud of this little gem, especially since it was the first on the list of renovations.

30ng Express Baggage
This baggage car started out as a Sandy River Combine as well as the Caboose. A few small changes were made and 'VOILA' there it was !!
Shortened a little bit, new bogeys, sliding door, sound effects, and of course it is Industry-Active for several baggage items.
Once you stop in front of Curtis' little platforms, the door opens and baggage suddenly appear. Real nice, actually.
Many items are included which are too numerous to mention here.

Please read through the description area in the config files as they share all the attributes and benefits of each car.

Many times there were a lot of indecisions between myself and Norm, however Norm's generosity and his new knowledge usually won out.
I stand here thanking him profusely for that knowledge.
Also, may I mention that had it not been for Curtis and his offering of many textures, sound effects and knowledge that these little gems
would not be available and working the way they do. Many thanks as well go to Peter Pardoe-Matthews for his undying love of the Sandy River content,
Rich Blake for some of his textures, and Norm Whitney for his continuing devotion to make the details very noticeable. Teriffic work.

Thankyou all for making this an enjoyable hobby and I will assure you that many more incredible objects are coming down the pike just like these.

You may find this wonderful roster at Trainz Pro Routes in the Download Depot link listed here http://www.trainzproroutes.com/downloads/
They have been approved and are ready for your route.
Might I also mention that in a day or two they shall be on their way to Sir Gibby's TrainZone for those die-hard Narrowgaugers.
I have a special place set aside for the Sandy River content and will also be an area for the 30ng roster as well.
I'll make an announcement once they have arrived.

Hope you enjoy.
Ken 8)
"Floundering Around in Mediocrity For No Particular Reason...."
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

Ah ha, this is all very nice. We now have 30" ng passenger services.
Way to go 'Packageman'!
And, to the 'King of Kit-Bash', great job!

:D
Rick
TRS 2004 Deluxe Edition v2.4 Build 2365
Creating in 3D Canvas Pro
Web site = http://allricksstuff.com/
nwhitney

Post by nwhitney »

Don't forget Ben's 30ng Combine. If I can ever figure out how to keep the passengers from sitting down on the platform, we could have a standard gauge to narrowgauge passenger transfer for your Yesterday route :lol:
Norm
Col Hogan

Post by Col Hogan »

Great to hear form both of you. One small technicality I forgot to mention.
The bogeys for any of these are considered as dependencies and will
require an additional download for them to work. Those have been
uploaded as of this morning and now waiting for approval.
Usually sooner than DLS.

Ken 8)
Col Hogan

Re: New 30ng Roster Now Available

Post by Col Hogan »

:mrgreen: I would like to announce the new addition to our 30" rolling stock roster
and it is the 5th in a series of Sandy River assets that have become available.
Our new 24ft flatcar is now available at TPR Download Depot as of this afternoon.

Here is the official screenshot:
30ng Flatcar 24ft.jpg
30ng Flatcar 24ft.jpg (43.4 KiB) Viewed 15065 times
Norm has put in an extreme amount of time working with the Gmax to make this little gem
work out to our standards. It will load 10 special items as it lists out and, of course,
an additional list is available as well for another specific load you choose.
Wooden stakes are used on some loads and cable tie-downs are available on others.

Thanks a million Norm and now we can rest a little for the Summer.
(yeah, right..........)

This flatcar uses Ben's heavy duty archbar bogeys which are separate dependencies and
can be obtained from his site http://www.steammachine.com/bdaneal/ngdl.htm
Scroll down about half-way to 30 inch gauge Rolling Stock and you'll find the link.

Might I remind you that you have to D/L the package he has to get the new bogey
on our flatcar. Well worth the download, since Ben is quite the master of details
and textures. Thanks Ben for making these available.

Soon, I hope, we will have another 30ng fan to help with some new additions and
more will be on the way.

Ken 8)