Stone Mountain layout

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
jayo

Stone Mountain layout

Post by jayo »

Added pictures of my layout of Stone Mountain park!

http://www.carsoncarshops.com/gallery/t ... p?album=46

Check them out!
jayo

Post by jayo »

The least you could do is humor me! :roll:
bdaneal

Post by bdaneal »

I shall nitpick:
It looks like you have two too many 4-4-0s on that route. Also, the bit of track next to the shop does not exist. Also, it might be an illusion, but the mountain looks like it is too far from the tracks in shot #6.
Cheers,
Ben
jayo

Post by jayo »

Well I wanted to have representations of the General II, Texas II, and Yonah II. So far, the best representations I found were the originals, and I couldn't find any 2-6-2's. Your models will work nicely when they're done(especially if you made versions of them in their park liveries 8) ) I'll probably take out that track bit you mentioned. It probably is an illusion, since I am working with boards with the overhead views on them.

This layout was actually inspired by Stone Mountain layouts that are on the DLS(search under the username "jayinatlanta"). I liked them, and thought of how I could make them more accurate. The best way was with the basemaps! :)
jayo

Re: Stone Mountain layout

Post by jayo »

I put in some pictures with bdaneal's modern 4-4-0's. They fit in quite nicely! 8)
jayo

Post by jayo »

Relettered some engines for it! Take a look in the gallery!
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

JAYO What is the chances that I could get those locos because that is where I used to go as a kid and I have made a route sort of like stone mountain. I would love to get those engines. they look great.
jayo

Post by jayo »

Kirby, you're rather new in town, or at least it been a while! :roll: Well, since you're a member, you can get the engines in the public beta forum, in the topic "and now for something completely different." It's quite a large topic, but the engines are toward the end. Also, I've made a second fictional version that includes a MARTA line! :D
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Your right I am new is there any way I can get the Diesels.
jayo

Post by jayo »

The Diesels are the SR F7 that I imported from TRS2006 into Trainz Classics and relettered, as well as a CoG F7 paintshed skin on the DLS. The CN GP9 was imported from TRS2006 and the L&N one was on the DLS.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

can I get the relettered ones because I dont know how to reletter the locomotives.
jayo

Post by jayo »

Well, I only have the relettered diesels, now. I can send you them if you'd like.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

That would be great