Maybe this might help me - mining stuff related

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
Shortline2
Location: Stuck in Norway, wish I was in the Netherlands - borned/raised in Norway...

Maybe this might help me - mining stuff related

Post by Shortline2 »

Hello Guys,

I'm probably way out of line in a way with this thread, but I find it hard to stand by and watch things happen anymore. :|

The latest few threads in this forum has really caught my attention, together with a few other things...

So, I hereby with some regret in my voice - or is that in my written text, hmm, wonder how to express that LOL - has to just declare the following.

Guys, thegrindre & lilb seem to have hit my nerves way more then they should have, and I find it hard now to not react.

So, if those two guys can first forgive me for misusing their names in this post a little, we can get down to the real issue here :?: :oops: :wink:

OK, Rick and Brian - and other's who might miss me.

Mining, I see lilb has taken the stuff to new heights, hard to be met by me or anyone else I think.

To ease me a little in again, at least for a period of a few months, what is most needed/wanted related to the mining theme?
Anything easy I can help with?

I have many unreleased and unfinished items that might fit into that sort of theme.

Ranging from a few small routes built around a mine theme (mostly not really fully painted & dressed - not good at that part) to half done and experimental tunnel system and mine structures around a tunnel.

If there is a wish for, I might spend time screenshot what I have and take a small poll to see what is most wanted. :P

But, for now, I'm reacting to a feel I got while answering a mail from lilb about some textures of mine he wanted to reuse - which he is of course given permission for.
And, which prompted me to go in here, type this and see if there was a thing or two in sort of demand/wish for that I could try my hand on.

Till next time, take care all - I'm not back, but I'm back... :lol:

Linda
thegrindre

Re: Maybe this might help me - mining stuff related

Post by thegrindre »

He, he, he, I think we got her hooked, he, he.

Personally, I don't know much about mining and would love to have all I can get my hands on. I'm using everything you made so far and don't know what else there is but, I want it whatever it is. I love your work! You have that 'eye', that 'touch' that not everybody has. It's the 'feeling' that you put into your work that attracts me.

I'm a logging fanatic and am adding a mine spur onto every route I build because of your stuff, Linda. So, whatever you haven't finished, please finish.

A couple more different mine cars or styles would be cool for 18". Maybe a darker and dirtier track would also be nice.
Do we have a small hand-throw switch stand/harp thingy for 18" track?
Did anybody make an old-time wheelbarrow?

Welcome back, sorta, Linda...

:D
Rick
TRS 2004 Deluxe Edition v2.4 Build 2365
Creating in 3D Canvas Pro
Web site = http://allricksstuff.com/
lilb

Post by lilb »

Just made a wheel barrow for thegrindre
Check out my thread:
http://www.carsoncarshops.com/forum/vie ... ?f=2&t=190

Linda, how about some elevators?
Any tunnels or anything else we could use would be great. If you have a not finished project or something you don't want to finish, I'll finish it :D
Last edited by lilb on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit My Website!
http://www.lbc.rrmods.com
nwhitney

Post by nwhitney »

Linda,
It's great to see you becoming interested again. Way back when you posted your elevator, I couldn't wait for it to be released. Any part of your tunnel system could be useful. Hope to see more.
Norm
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

He he, pretty cool, Lilb but I meant 'really old timey', 1800s made of wood. I'll try to fine some pics for ya.

Here ya go;

When you think of me, ya gotta go waaaaay back in time. LOL

Thanks,

EDIT: We might want to take this to your thread, Lilb.
Rick
Shortline2
Location: Stuck in Norway, wish I was in the Netherlands - borned/raised in Norway...

Post by Shortline2 »

Thanks guys,

Tunnels, oh no, not those dark damp narrow tunnels, you have any idea how hard they are to make... :wink:

(In real life at least)

LOL

Yesterday after my post I revisited this model of mine:
Mountain Favorite (unreleased)2.jpg
Mountain Favorite (unreleased)2.jpg (71.63 KiB) Viewed 25333 times
And then had to test how it look inside of Trainz - which was a bad choice...

I wrote the post in the morning, by midnight I had to force my self away from a small new map featuring this little mine and a brand new 30inch railroad using the tracks from Curtis crawling up a hillside stressing the engineers. :lol:

Lacking any trees or details, even the roadbed is not good - but hey, I did have some fun with it. :)

So, yes, you hooked me in again. :)

Landscape people, want to fill the 4 board Island style map with trees & such?

Now, to the important stuff.

Elevators, I see what I can do - the only working one I have is off limit for anybody till I have more info about the actually mine it belonged (a broke my self on ebay this weekend to win 3 maps related to 1 of the levels of that mine - rest I didn't win - went for over 350 US$... :cry:) - but I could make a freelanced head frame and add to that.
Need to make a cage for it - will look see if I find drawings for it.

Tunnels, I have the basic system as lilb can attest to, but with no industry active stuff - still interesting then?
Basic is tunnel track splines and a little bit complicated junction/turnout system.

Will see what I can fit into the map I mention above.

Need to make a seaport bin and a portal house to a mine for it - the small mine shown above sort of don't fit into the railroad I built to it - to complicated railroad.

The mine lacks a LOD, stands at over 4000 polygons right now.

But, I fix it - for now, I hope this helps a little?

Nice wheelbarrow by the way - got a miner attached to it lilb?

Best wishes

Linda
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

That's a beautiful mine, Linda.
I'm going to have to restart my route and find another place for another mine. He, he, he. Think I'll change the mainline to 36", too.

Thank you,
Rick
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Happy Birthday, Linda!
I love your new work, and can't wait to see it :)

Curtis
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

Have a great day, Linda...

:D
Rick
nwhitney

Post by nwhitney »

Best wishes Linda, and many more.
Norm
Shortline2

Post by Shortline2 »

Oh guys,

Your thoughts and wishes reaches right into my heart - a million trillion thanks for that!!

Rick, what a wonderful image - thank you so much!!

I'm about to go away for a dreaded trip within today - so I haven't been able to follow up my own ideas from last week, but hopefully this trip will bring some closure.

I'm heading back to the Netherlands to pick up all our stuff, and watch the house I love being sold on more or less a foreclosure or whatever it is called...

Hoping things will turn - will be back near end of month, the moving company comes the 24th but we need to settle stuff with the bank.
Guys, I hope those of you that are having a partner treats them with respect and information all the way, and listen to them - because my partner/husband did not, and we ended up in real trouble.
How it ends, I don't know - but like a roller coaster with it's up and downs, there is a stop/end station somewhere - hopefully I find it soon, or I better make it in gmax... LOL

Thank you guys for the support and the gentle reminders of getting back into production.

Best wishes

Linda