Question / Project for Curtis . . .

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
Col Hogan

Question / Project for Curtis . . .

Post by Col Hogan »

8) Curtis, I have a ton (and a half) of sound FX and wondered about asking you to make a special project
or two for a special diorama / scene. One of the SFX is an auctioneer (or two) and we need a place for
an auction. Your western platforms are a great place to gather and have some kind of podium with a
fellow banging his gavel and turning his head.

Scripting would make some of the people come in and some leave at given times. Maybe have a barrel
coming and going as a "for sale" item.

Here's another idea - so far we all like the old West and now that there is SFX (thankyou) we can create
a diorama of-sorts. Here's the idea - have a few old west buildings spread around and a few cowboys with
guns shooting from the balcony's and behind the saloon doors. If that can be created (or bashed) using
some twinkles for smoke, I'll give it the sound it needs.
Some could be be just a scene with an old west wagon going through town with a little dusty smoke, too.

I know we all love that Western flare for the old days and would suggest having some special scenes
to reflect those events. Not just a building, but several placed in a setting for the effect.

Been wondering about this for a while. Any ideas are obviously welcome. And thanks. 8)

Ken
"Floundering Around in Mediocrity For No Particular Reason...."
Pencil
Site Admin

Re: Question / Project for Curtis . . .

Post by Pencil »

That should be feasible, but I don't know that I have much free time at the moment (and my main GMAX machine is down...). I know Whecsailor did a couple of animated people (dancers and a blacksmith) - he might be a potential candidate....