Ishie's Creation

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
ish6

Ishie's Creation

Post by ish6 »

Hello Everyone,

With Pencil's blessings, I would like to use this thread to post info and screenshots from items from Pencils inventory ONLY. As we all know Pencil is so kind enough to allow his gmax source files to be used, as long as we followed the license, of course. So, with that said, I used Pencil great Hay texture to create this:

A total of seven pieces!!!

How it all looks like with scenery!

I was going to make the product, but Pencil already did that, so I noted it down in the CDP. Whenever I upload Pencil Kuids will appear at the DLS so people can also download his Hay Product.

Full credit is noted in the config as well as on the cpd window, and will also noted down when I upload this and make an announcement at Auran's. Thank you Pencil for sharing your contents ... Appreciated it!!

Ishie
Pencil
Site Admin

Re: Ishie's Creation

Post by Pencil »

That looks nice, Ishie - I'm glad the files were of use to you. Out of curiosity, is the platform industry interactive?
ish6

Post by ish6 »

Hello Pencil.

No, sir ... although the platform can be use to separately, it is not industry active.

Beside your work at the DLS, there's no much about Hay industries .... I think there's room for more. As time passes us, sir, I'll expand on this idea, using your textures. I have not use the other texture you have posted, so most likely will use that. Perhaps make a big industrial factory, without a name so people can name it whatever.

Also, if anyone like to experiement or use the items now I'll send you the CDP until it hits the DLS.

Pencil, any items I may use from your inventory to expand on I can send it to you, sir if you wish, when completely. Please let me know if need the cdp or the source files or gmax files anytime, sir.

Thank you for the kind words, and thank you for the files, etc .. :D .

BTW. If anyone has any request and ideas please noted down on this thread but please note that it MUST BE related to any of Pencil's release source files or the theme of this website .... !!!
Col Hogan

Post by Col Hogan »

Hi Ishie
As luck would have it, you have ignited a small but roaring fire in me that I was working on about a year ago with another narrowgauge buddy (one who frequents this forum quite often).
I had the idea of creating a small crop-duster industry, about one block in size and using the hay industry for an industry-active stop. It would actually be a chemical liquid or powder that would be very similar to the hay product as it appears in the game. However it would be called another name ( a powder of some kind). Once the pilot would stop at the loading facility to pick up the load, say, three or four sacks, he would take off to a gradual low altitude,
circle twice over a local crop and come back to the loader for more.

It could be made to "loop" if necessary but mostly added as another module to a separate route.
Would you consider using this same idea with Pencil's hay industry and you and I work on the module and scenery.
I've been wanting to do this for a long time. My version is '04 and perhaps '09 once it hits the shelves near me.

What do you think ??

Ken
"Floundering Around in Mediocrity For No Particular Reason...."
ish6

Post by ish6 »

Hello Col Hogan,

Read what you have posted and it all sounds unique, interesting, and a fun idea to do. I enjoy the idea on working on a module, as you have suggested, then a full route, because modules specifically focus on a one theme as a time.

To be honest, sir I am not really a fan of Narrow gauge , however, creating interesting items for anyone to use does, as you have said, light a flame in me; so, count me in. You are welcome to drop on my lap any ideas you may want to express, either on this thread or however method you might like to use.

To further elaborate on this idea, we can really tackle this whole process by doing some research: What is Hay, and where does it come from? What and who uses? We can do a full product line and give the narrow gauge community a bunch of goodies. As you may read or maybe not, when I create an item, I usually give them the whole Taco :D , not just the taco shell, sort-of-speak.

I use TRS04 Only as a testing platform, so not a problem using it for this idea. I do have all of the trainz products, including preordering TRS09. I do not have the classic series, however,

Well, sir, let me know how you would like to approach first!! :D
Col Hogan

Post by Col Hogan »

Real Fine Ish. Glad to hear you like the idea.
Let us first use the PM or E-mail for the first few installments of ideas and perhaps during our
commotion we could paste a forum message and pic's to "soothe the savage beast" in us all.

I could send you and e-mail with more ideas and technical background as to how it should work.
I must warn you though, my scenery will be dense and very well spoken. Talk to Thegrindre
about how he knows this too. We'll talk again soon.

Ken 8)
ish6

Post by ish6 »

Hi Ken,

Sounds like the beginning of a great collaboration!! :D

I send you a PM!

Ishie
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

A crop duster sounds like a great idea!
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

The whole idea is pretty cool, I must admit. When Ken and I first tossed it in the air last year, we where busy working on another project at the time and never did get it going.
I'm looking forward to what you two do with it, now. And, yes, Ken is an excellent 'grounds keeper'. When it comes to landscaping, he's top of the line, in my book.

Have fun, guys,
Rick
TRS 2004 Deluxe Edition v2.4 Build 2365
Creating in 3D Canvas Pro
Web site = http://allricksstuff.com/
Col Hogan

Post by Col Hogan »

ISHIE :mrgreen:

Check your PM's

Ken 8)
ish6

Post by ish6 »

Col Hogan wrote:ISHIE :mrgreen:

Check your PM's

Ken 8)
Hello Ken,

It's send, :D

Ishie
ish6

Elevated Traction Bridge

Post by ish6 »

Hi Curtis,

When you can please check your e-mail -- all necessary files have been send!
Thank you very much sir for looking into this -- it's most appreciated it!!!

Ish
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Received, fixed, and replied - I'm looking forward to seeing the final product!

Curtis