Train(s) in movies

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
meconicuk

Train(s) in movies

Post by meconicuk »

Mac.
Col Hogan

Re: Train(s) in movies

Post by Col Hogan »

Hey Mac
These are some very good comments about the trains in movies. However, they seemed to have
left out one of the more meaningful trains ever recorded as far as the impact it had among the
European travelers from Paris to (Wherever), can't think of the other city -
We have all heard of the Venice-Simplon Orient Express. The one that had been made popular
by the over-confident Hercule Poirot and at some point, the Pink Panther as well.

Many murder mysteries were brought about through television where we enjoyed the ride through Europe
and the Alps where someone was eventually thrown from the train or made to jump off.

Might I add that there is a site in Hungary where you can get some of the most beautiful Trainz
reproductions of the VSOE coaches. All, of course, are standard gauge and have more detail than
we usually see in any other rail asset. Here is the site :
http://www.trainz.hu/modules/mydownload ... php?cid=66
Upon arriving, you may have to sign up to get downloads. I have their complete collection and
once you have figured out the wording to get the D/L's , everything you see on this site
is well worth the effort to have for your collection.

Thanks for the link to the RR trivia. I always enjoy some little tid-bits of railroad history.

Ken 8)
"Floundering Around in Mediocrity For No Particular Reason...."