the dial mode on Trainz

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
ddonley222

the dial mode on Trainz

Post by ddonley222 »

Does anybody know how to change the settings of a locomotive for the dial mode (or in trainz 2009 the dcc mode) most of my steamers don't work in dcc mode and I'm getting tired of trying to run them and feel I have no control.
Thanks
Pencil
Site Admin

Re: the dial mode on Trainz

Post by Pencil »

Hi! If you give us the name or KUID or an engine you are having problems with, we can give more detailed instructions. In general, you will open the enginespec of that particular locomotive for edit in Content Manager, then tweak the values; save, and commit.

Curtis
ddonley222

Post by ddonley222 »

Hi Curtis,
I'm not very good with content manager so I couldn't do the general way of doing this. So I'll give you the loco, and I just want to say that the locomotives that don't work in the dcc mode are all sub-par 30in trains that I have downloaded. The loco is the 30in 2-6-2 by sub-par.
Thanks
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

OK, first, select the locomotive in Content Manager (30ng 2-6-2). Right click on it, then 'View dependencies', then 'View in main list'. You should see an asset that looks like an engine spec - in this case, '30in 2-6-2 enginespec'. Right-click on it, 'Edit', "Edit in Explorer'. In the explorer window that opens, double-click on the config.txt file.
Find the line that looks like:
max-accel 250
Change the 250 to 2000 or so. Save the file; close the explorer window.
Back in Content Manager, right-click on the enginespec, 'Edit', then 'Commit'.
See if that helps?

Curtis
ddonley222

Post by ddonley222 »

Hi Curtis,
Um lets see......YEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! Thank you so much, it worked and I have control of my loco, now I can stop at the station without going back and forth until I'm satisfied :lol: . And I'm guessing it works for all the other locomotives, so I'm going to give it a try, and thanks again.
Ddonley