The Drunken Dispatcher

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
NormHart

The Drunken Dispatcher

Post by NormHart »

If you are like me you are dieing to drive these wonderful wood burners so while we wait for the V&T to be completed here is something to play with.

A Session for the 1880’s Old West Route using the V&T rolling stock

Fictional Backstory: In the 1880’s the Virginia and Truckee Railroad acquired the bankrupt Chipendale Short Line Railway. On the first day of V&T operations the town of Chipendale celebrated the arrival of four V&T trains and the salvation of their town in high style!

You (Willie the Gimp) arrive in Chipendale via Adair’s stagecoach from the great northwest the next morning and, dismounting at the General Store, you decide to wash out the dust with a quick shot at the Fat Chance Saloon. There you find the V&T Assistant Telegraph Operator beside himself with worry and very glad to see another V&T employee. It turns out that the town’s mayor had invited all the V&T Engineers and the local Dispatcher to the celebration at the Fat Chance and they were all still dead drunk. The very first V&T passenger train is scheduled to depart in 30 minutes and you are the only sober V&T Engineer in town! The switch yard, such as it is, is packed with dropped freight cars but at least the locomotives were all put to bed in the round house. Roll up your sleeves Willie and get to work for the honor and reputation of the good old V&T!

Tasks:
Use the Free roaming view and Willie the Gimp's Move to Trian commands to switch Willie the Gimp to the various locomotives and build the passenger train consisting of the Reno #11 followed by baggage/mail car #2 and then the three coaches in any order with the loco leading north bound. Move the passenger train to the depot for departure at 9:30 AM with passengers loaded. (be sure to top off wood and water)

Leave the Chipendale station northbound and meet the southbound Union Pacific transfer passenger train at the division boundary at Cotton Wood Siding. Switch to the Inyo #22 and run her down to Chipendale station. While passengers are loading uncouple and top off with wood and water. Hook back up to the passenger train and run her out to the southeastern track end.

Switch back to the roundhouse and using the three remaining locomotives build the three following freight consists. (You can do these in any order.)

Ore train – all ore cars (in any order) with the Virginia #4 at the front and caboose #5 at the rear. This train is west bound to the end of tracks.

Work train – the 5 gondolas, the 2 flat cars and the red box car (in any order) with the I. E. James #9 at the front and caboose #6 at the end. Stop caboose at station to pick up work crew. This train is north bound to the bridge work site.

Cattle train – all the box cars in the yard except the red one (in any order) with the Nevada #7 at the front and caboose #10 at the end. Load all the cattle possible in Chipendale. This train is southeast bound to behind the passenger train at the end of the tracks.

1880's The Drunken Dispatcher.cdp is here http://www.mediafire.com/?3tiitny26ub4185

My best time for getting the passenger train ready to depart;

My best time for getting all the tasks complete was just under two hours.

Have fun.
Last edited by NormHart on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hminky

Re: The Drunken Dispatcher

Post by hminky »

Missing <kuid:633834:100060>

Harold

EDIT: The build on the session is 3.6 which doesn't work in TS2010 and won't work in TS12 because of the 4-4-0's
NormHart

Post by NormHart »

hminky wrote:Missing <kuid:633834:100060>

Harold
Darn, that is the in game html instructions. I had thought that they would be included when I generated the cdp but apparently not. I'll have it uploaded as a separate cdp shortly.
EDIT (edited): Fixed
EDIT: The build on the session is 3.6 which doesn't work in TS2010 and won't work in TS12 because of the 4-4-0's
It does take some work to get the 4-4-0's in the game but they do work in TS2010 and TS12. (I know this because that's all I've got.)

If I remember correctly you will need to delete Inyo.texture.txt file from them. Let me know of any other issues you find.
Last edited by NormHart on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NormHart

Post by NormHart »

Ha!

Thank you for the learning opportunity hminky! :wink:

I've discovered how to combine assets in a single cdp.

Link in first post revised.
hminky

Post by hminky »

NormHart wrote:
It does take some work to get the 4-4-0's in the game but they do work in TS2010 and TS12. (I know this because that's all I've got.)

If I remember correctly you will need to delete Inyo.texture.txt file from them. Let me know of any other issues you find.
Sorry I will pass, not that many people run TS12. Have TS12 but don't see any advantage to spend the time to modify the 4-4-0's. Fussed around with it earlier.

Thanks anyway
Harold
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

The fixes for the 4-4-0s should be the same for both 2010 and 2012. If you have them working on one version, you can just export them to a cdp and then import them to the other version.
NormHart

Post by NormHart »

Gads, I had no idea things were that bad with Trainz versions.
hminky

Post by hminky »

Pencil wrote:The fixes for the 4-4-0s should be the same for both 2010 and 2012. If you have them working on one version, you can just export them to a cdp and then import them to the other version.
I just run "comp" mode in TS2010, the 4-4-0's work fine in that. Most earlier routes use "billboards" which look awful in 12.

Unfortunately, N3V replaced some of the early billboards with Speedtrees so I run those in TS2009. The Reading and Northern looks awful in TS2010 with N3V's "triffids".

Harold
NormHart

Post by NormHart »

I appreciate your position hminky. Sometimes I'd like things to work right out of the box, but other times I really get into trying to make things work. I just spent four hours trying to figure out why the steamclipper wouldn't leave the St. Barbara wharf. :D (Turns out that out on the north loop there was an invisible track fragment that needed to be deleted, took forever to find. :shock: )