North Tahoe Narrow Gauge

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
Trainboi

Re: North Tahoe Narrow Gauge

Post by Trainboi »

Oooh, that would be neat. Then I could just render 'em up to match whatever paint schemes I'm doing work on at any given time. Not that I couldn't reskin them, but beaing able to have a PSD of them would no doubt be invaluable in getting them to match.
Trainboi

Post by Trainboi »

YVRR 23 is coming to Trainz...
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Very nice!!
Trainboi

Post by Trainboi »

Thanks Curtis.
Updated:
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Really nice! It amazes me how fast you are with these models :)
Trainboi

Post by Trainboi »

XD Yeah. Especially considering it's ready for another render now...
Kinda cheating though cuz I'm on a short vacation...in McMinnville, actually, hoping to see the Spruce Goose while I'm here.
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Showoff :-D

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Evergreen is a great museum - really worth the time. It's not hard to burn a day there....
Trainboi

Post by Trainboi »

OH YEAH.
Mission is not yet complete, as I've not taken her past Exchequer, but boy oh boy does she fly...
ferroequine

Post by ferroequine »

I am very pleased to see a nice YV locomotive. I downloaded the route a few weeks ago and have been impressed with it so far, but the lack of appropriate locos was a let down.
Trainboi

Post by Trainboi »

ferroequine wrote:I downloaded the route a few weeks ago and have been impressed with it so far, but the lack of appropriate locos was a let down.
My same feelings. I've also felt let down by Ben Dorsey's RPO #107 model, so I'm very glad that I have drawings for that. :twisted: But anywho, mapped out my plans for #21, and it looks like I'll be doing 8 versions:
1) Before purchase by the YVRR
2) Early scheme(number on tender)
3) Late scheme, unnamed
4) Late scheme, C. H. Grant(this'll be my initial model)
5) As retired, late scheme but with early scheme bleeding through a little
6) Salvage #1, with no headlight, paint badly bleeding through and some rust.
7) Salvage #2, undrivable, with moderate rust, boiler jacket and various pipes gone, cab windows and door gone, generator pipe gone. Rods gone too.
8 ) Pre-scrap, unmovable(REALLY heavy) with heavy rust, air pump gone, dynamo gone, springs frayed, coupler gear gone, spark arrestor gone, really in a very sad state. Everything salvageable has been used by this point, and the railroad's just about gone bust, this thing has 20 years of rust and sun bleaching, may do bolts in 3D simply because they would be coming out at this point. :|
jayo

Post by jayo »

Trainboi wrote:
ferroequine wrote:I downloaded the route a few weeks ago and have been impressed with it so far, but the lack of appropriate locos was a let down.
My same feelings. I've also felt let down by Ben Dorsey's RPO #107 model, so I'm very glad that I have drawings for that. :twisted: But anywho, mapped out my plans for #21, and it looks like I'll be doing 8 versions:
1) Before purchase by the YVRR
2) Early scheme(number on tender)
3) Late scheme, unnamed
4) Late scheme, C. H. Grant(this'll be my initial model)
5) As retired, late scheme but with early scheme bleeding through a little
6) Salvage #1, with no headlight, paint badly bleeding through and some rust.
7) Salvage #2, undrivable, with moderate rust, boiler jacket and various pipes gone, cab windows and door gone, generator pipe gone. Rods gone too.
8 ) Pre-scrap, unmovable(REALLY heavy) with heavy rust, air pump gone, dynamo gone, springs frayed, coupler gear gone, spark arrestor gone, really in a very sad state. Everything salvageable has been used by this point, and the railroad's just about gone bust, this thing has 20 years of rust and sun bleaching, may do bolts in 3D simply because they would be coming out at this point. :|
I'd like to see 3D bolts on the first 5 at some point!
Trainboi

Post by Trainboi »

jayo wrote: I'd like to see 3D bolts on the first 5 at some point!
Heh, that would certainly be a poly-killer. Just as a note, last time I tried to bake a model with 3D bolts, my computers crashed. No matter which one I tried it on. So I don't know that that can happen.
ferroequine

Post by ferroequine »

Bump Mapping... ;)
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

107 in V&T livery sure would be nice :)
Did you make it to the Evergreen Air Museum?
Trainboi

Post by Trainboi »

ferroequine wrote:Bump Mapping... ;)
He said 3D...Bump mapping is still textured on in my book XD Besides, I've not yet worked out how that works, when I try to bake the normals it just comes out one solid color. :|
Unfortunately not, Curtis. It was a real shame, but I did at least get to see some of the P&W operations around town.That was kinda cool too, especially because we didn't need to devote extra time to go find them. But we did get to see all of what we'd come there for(we had a graduating senior at Linfield to congratulate) so it wasn't too much of a pity.