The Western Coastline and Elderton Railroad

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
AlexandNintendo

The Western Coastline and Elderton Railroad

Post by AlexandNintendo »

Hello, everyone! Ever since January of this year, I have been teasing a project that takes place around an era equivalent to the 1870s in my fictional country of Washingtonilia, and I would like to show you what is essentially the pre-alpha stage of the Western Coastline and Elderton Railroad.
AlexandNintendo_20190504_0012.jpg
AlexandNintendo_20190504_0012.jpg (179.57 KiB) Viewed 27515 times
Washingtonilia Union Banner (incorrectly displayed upside-down) and State of Victoria Flag, McKennytown, State of Victoria, Washingtonilia

Located in the Jingoistic States of Washingtonilia (my country inspired from the United States with its governmental structure and some historical elements with its geography similar to Australia and Florida), transporting freight and passengers from the nation's capital of the Federal District of Elderton in the State of Victoria to the State of Cooke in vast jungles and swamps along with the Union's southwestern coastline, is the company of the Western Coastline and Elderton Railroad.
AlexandNintendo_20190504_0024.jpg
AlexandNintendo_20190504_0024.jpg (230.05 KiB) Viewed 27515 times
The Ancient City of McKennytown, Victoria, Washingtonilia with the Elderton Limited heading back to the national capital

Founded and built by the Federal Government of the Union to allow easier access to the capital from the western coastal towns and cities, this railroad (after the terminus in the capital) spans from the newly-founded village of McKennytown (shown below) by wealthy entrepreneurs willing to set a resort for themselves next to an ancient city ruin built by one of the four major ancestral tribes that most citizens today have descended from destroyed during the War Against Tyranny against the Republic of Wallstonia (the war of independence), the port town of Stanford growing more responsible for transporting goods and people to Coral Island (the smaller of the two islands part of Cooke), the town of Silkweed Island located in the middle of the Silkweed Estuary (filled to the brim with marsh occasionally flooding the line between the town and Stanford), the port city and state capital of Cooke called Cooke Harbor responsible for transporting goods and people between the city and New Princeton Island (the bigger of the two islands part of Cooke), a strategic base for the Washingtonilian Navy, and the eastern terminus for passenger service, with the last stop for frieght service and the entire railroad being more inland past a small region called the Greenberry Swampland to the lumber village named after the swamp with a lumber mill next to an adjacent bayou.
AlexandNintendo_20190504_0017.jpg
AlexandNintendo_20190504_0017.jpg (214.01 KiB) Viewed 27515 times
Aerial View of McKennytown, State of Victoria, Washingtonilia

As said in the first paragraph of this post, the route right now is far from complete (due to Trainz Simulator 2010 giving me weird bugs of taking way too long to save than normal in Surveyor occasionally which did damper my interest in continuing), with only McKennytown almost completely finished and only now the railroad is extending south towards what will be Stanford. Eventually, I would like to reskin some locomotives under the W.C. & E livery (which I haven't decided on until I get the skills/ability to, as well as for the rolling stock as well. Even with that, I would need to get some experience with modeling because there's one interesting fact that the screenshots do negate. But regardless of the limitations I have when it comes to representing the true form of the nation's people, they are supposed to be anthropomorphic rather than being humans (though some humans do live in Washingtonilia), with them supposed to look like Mojave Desert Lizard-like, Saber-Toothed Florida Panther-like, American Alligator and Crocodile-like, and Mojave Desert Coyote-like races of Sentients (what their entire species is called). Feel free to criticize or comment on anything with the route and Washingtonilia itself as I am really wanting the concept and the route to be the best despite the limitation being on a very old version of Trainz.
Pencil
Site Admin

Re: The Western Coastline and Elderton Railroad

Post by Pencil »

That sounds very ambitions, and a neat concept! It looks like you are making good progress, keep us posted!

Curtis
AlexandNintendo

Re: The Western Coastline and Elderton Railroad

Post by AlexandNintendo »

I do feel like it is a bit too ambitious, but I will keep posted with any progress I'll make, thank you!