A greeting to all.

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
whecsailor

A greeting to all.

Post by whecsailor »

Hello all :D

New to your forum, So a small introduction.
I am known as whecsailor int he Auran/trainz forum so I kept the same title here.

My interest in trainz are in multiple areas, but primarily it is narrow gauging.
I enjoy stretching trainz into other aspects too, (i.e. zeppelinz, submarines, shipping, space, ect).

My long term project is recreating the Nevada County Narrow Gauge in a mile for mile recreation.

My short term projects are building an interoperational Tramp steamer, A lumber/coastal schooner, and a series of Paddlewheelers, both ocean going and river.

My pipe dreams for the future are to make a trainz version of the Famed Malcom Furlows San Juan Central ( Model railroader 1984/85) , rebuild the Slim Princess, (Southern Pacific Narrow Guage) and maybe the C&S.

Other occasional side projects are a BP42 panzerzug, zeppelins, and various interesting ships/subs.

I was preparing to build C&S #6 and #9 but thanks to finding this forum, I discovered Bdanial beat me to the punch hehehehehe

I am willing to help anyone where I can on any interesting project. but my skill sets are limited. Heck , I am just now learning shadows and how to load stuff. I am OK in Gmaxing,, but not so good (some would say rather poor) in scripting.

Thank you for inviting me to your fourm and allowing me to join. In here I am among the giants of the trainz narrow Gaugers!
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Welcome!
Your NCNG shots look great! It is interesting to see it progress. BTW, one of the old mines in Grass Valley is now a state park - the Empire Mine. I used to go there with my family for a picnic and do some hiking as a kid. It looks like they are really progressing with the restoration - I went back with my wife a few years back, and was amazed to see the difference.
I, too, would like to see the Slim Princess - 300 miles too long, or 300 years too early ;)
Collin

Post by Collin »

Welcome aboard.

Your NCNG looks great.

As far as the slim princess goes you can cut it down to 295 miles to go as we will have about the first 5 miles of it on the V&T. If you have any need for research on the early years let me know as I have quite a bit archived.

Also have some GMAX files which were passed on to me by Rick when he gave up on the building the Slim Princess and are available to members of the Carson Car Shops. The files are for the Keeler Depot and Enginhouse and the Talc Mill
Collin
meconicuk

Post by meconicuk »

Hello and welcome.

Could you put some images up of your Trainz shipping/Dock facilities as I'm interested in how other people tackle this subject.
Mac.
dreddman

Hello Whec

Post by dreddman »

Hey I'm over here as well now :idea: