Help with buildings on the Virginia & Truckee

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
Collin

Help with buildings on the Virginia & Truckee

Post by Collin »

We could use another member on the V&T team to make Commercial and Residential buildings. Most of the available buildings are for flat ground and what we need are buildings suitable for slopes.

For Virginia City we need some of the more recognisable buildings.

1 The Frederick House
2 The International Hotel.
3 Pipers Opera House
4 Roman Catholic Church.
5 Episcopal Church
6 Ward Schools

We should be able to supply pics of the above buildings plus many more of smaller businesses and houses.

Cheers
Last edited by Collin on Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Collin
dreddman

Post by dreddman »

Hi Colin send me what you have on the Intercontinal hotel I will start with it :wink:
Collin

Post by Collin »

Hi Mark

Curtis has posted some pics of the IH in the galleries and I will add to that with any others I have in my archives. It is interesting to note that it was 2 stories higher on C street than it was on B street.
Collin
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Yes, the streets in Virginia City can be rather steep :)
dreddman

Post by dreddman »

Nice building wont be too hard I will make it Passanger and Baggage enabled Measurments ? there was a plan in the gallery but some rough measurments would be a help so its sorta two buildings on the street corner :wink:

Just went back and looked at the pics again So I imagine a Redish brick with Grey Concrete looking pillars and Trim ?
Collin

Post by Collin »

70ft wide by 120ft deep. The side boardwalk was 6ft, the front and rear Verandas 12 ft. The second floor balcony at the front 5ft.
The brick colour was the same as the St Marys Church. The facings were sandstone and was a light cream colour similar to pic 4 of the 4th Ward School
Collin
dreddman

Post by dreddman »

Ok Beauty thanks Colin more questions Street angle? You will be wanting it to sit snug on the side of a hill? by the look of the pic and the sound of it? Colin can you get a bit of track and in your layout where the hotel goes lay it up the hill for say 40 meters then tell me the heights at each end I will then be able to duplicate the angle here for test fits I will make it height adjustable as well for a good fit in Viginia City once finished I will use the bits o do a generic renameable one for level ground wont take long to create once I get all the info I need cheers Mark
As we both live in OZ it might be easier to chat on the phone about all of this ?
Collin

Post by Collin »

Hi Mark

The C Street measurement is 1882.75 and the D Street measurement is 1892.68. I estimated about 30' visually so it fits with this measurement however when I look at the pics it appears around 20' I hope this does not make the sides look too steep and you are able to have the back on B Street look something like the photos.

If you want to give me a ring my number is (02) 9571-1316

Cheers
Collin