Civil War Docks, wharves and piers.

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
Collin

Civil War Docks, wharves and piers.

Post by Collin »

Can anyone tell me if there are any riverside docking facilities with RR track attached for the Civil War period 1861-65. I am building a small 6 board layout during breaks from the V&T and I would like to include ships.
Collin
dreddman

Post by dreddman »

You will need Toys for this one :lol: :wink:
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

I have a basic interactive dock that's almost complete (and has been for a month or so now...) - I'll try and package it up for you in the next day or two...
Collin

Post by Collin »

Thanks Curtis
Collin
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

http://www.carsoncarshops.com/files/dock.cdp
Some day, I'll add a second ship track to support Whecsailor's ships, but I ran out of time :(
Maybe when I get back....
Collin

Post by Collin »

Do I need any dependancies to get it to appear in 2004 as at present the title 'dock' appears in the list but dissapears when I try to place it. No image appears in surveyor selector.

Hope you enjoy Nevada
Collin
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Dependencies are:
passenger <kuid:63290:60009>
mail <kuid2:124060:10012:1>
baggage <kuid2:124060:10010:1>
goods <kuid2:124060:10001:1>
hay <kuid2:124060:10002:1>
fruit <kuid2:124060:10005:1>
gen_goods <kuid:-3:10013>
0 <kuid2:124060:38004:2>
1 <kuid:-3:10164>
crane <kuid2:60238:27159:1>

Of those, my guess would be the crane, as most others are built-in, or are included in other things you have already.
Collin

Post by Collin »

Thanks Curtis

It was Ians crane.

Cheers
Collin
dreddman

Post by dreddman »

Well you know me LOL here there and everywhere Curtis?? "Supports 1 rail track and one road track on the land side, and supports ships at sea level and ground level (3m above sea level)" ?? if the rail track is at 0 and the sea track is at 0? and the second seatrack is at 3m above sea level? as sea level is -3 meters that would be 0 again?
or have I missed something here ? anyway if the docks out in public want to host some ship betas......and same but different docks LOL may as well unleash some toys mine are more primitave no icons or lod's but more the merrrier The carshops could host the world of Steam and Sail......The International Hotel is a Frustrating Beast my Test Thing is 20K! Maddness!..the arched windows are the problim polys or if I use alphas that many windows 140+ the whole thing will become a reflective monster? I think i need to discuss with Colin the importance of the hotel? I was going the close up interactive version transfer passengers and baggage to the wagon then off to the station ?
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Sorry for the confusion! The first ship track is set for ground level; which is 3m above sea level, and is what Ian, you, and I are using for ships now. The second ship track is set at sea level; which is what Mike's ships use.
Mike uses the sea level track because it makes it much easier to make rolling seas out of terrain.

I'd be happy to post any betas you (or anyone else) might have. If we do a public beta period, then I'll wait another week or two before uploading my dock to the DLS; to allow for more feedback time. I'll also send out the GMAX files for the new dock, just so you all have them.

As for the international hotel; we should be able to LOD it pretty well. We might even be able to get it down to a simple cube if we have a good enough texture. One thing we can do is take screenshots of the complex hotel in GMAX, and use those screenshots as the basis for the textures.
dreddman

Post by dreddman »

Ok I get you now silly me No you upload to the DLS whenever your ready my docks are much the same I was talking more the Ships to use the Docks as for the Hotel if it is just sitting up the back on the hill a good looking box would do?.....
Gizomat

Post by Gizomat »

Greetings, Good Friends.

Excuse if they have not seen me but in this wonderful Forum, but been very I have occupied with my Work and I have not dedicated long time to it to this beautiful hobby.

Curtis as always wonderful work, I send my congratulations to you from Venezuela…

Soon will retake my works with the Gmax…

Hugs...

Giorgio R