The logging junk, a series of low poly items

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
Trainzsam

The logging junk, a series of low poly items

Post by Trainzsam »

I have a junk donkey boiler, oil tank,(and the following are from shagster's shay) oil barrels, a shay headlight, coupler, old air tank, etc.
These are the only ones in-game, except for the boiler, it didn't turn out quite right, so I've got some work to do on it.

Sam
My newest motto: Narrow Mindedness: the utter fascination and all consuming love of all railroad equipment that is narrow gauge, I myself have an acute case of this disease, for which there is (fortunately) no cure
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

Hey, cool! If we all put out an item or three, we'd have quite a collection, don't ya think?

:D
Rick
TRS 2004 Deluxe Edition v2.4 Build 2365
Creating in 3D Canvas Pro
Web site = http://allricksstuff.com/
Trainzsam

Post by Trainzsam »

Yeah, we would have quite a collection, but I need some more ideas, I ran out. :?

Sam
My newest motto: Narrow Mindedness: the utter fascination and all consuming love of all railroad equipment that is narrow gauge, I myself have an acute case of this disease, for which there is (fortunately) no cure
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Nice, Sam! For the boiler, you might want to rotate the tube so that the texture seam is underneath, and not so visible?
Trainzsam

Post by Trainzsam »

Ok, I'll do that. This one is the latest:
Its a wreck scene, evidently heisler No. 3 ran away on the grade, jumped the track and was stopped by that big boulder. Some parts were salvaged, but the boiler, frame and water tank got left behind. Her sister enigine can be seen climbing the grade with another train of logs in the background, and No. 3 stands as a reminder down below: ALWAYS TEST THE BRAKES!

Wadaya think?

Sam
Col Hogan

Post by Col Hogan »

What do I think ? ? ? :shock:

I think we all should have a wreck scene on a route since we all are newbies trying to drive a steamer. I like to go fast so,
I would max it out at 18mph around the curves.
What A THRILL ! ! ! ! ! ! :twisted:

Ken 8)
"Floundering Around in Mediocrity For No Particular Reason...."
Trainzsam

Post by Trainzsam »

18MPH?!?! And on the curves?!?! How fast on the strait sections? 25? Have we got ourselves a hot rod engineer here? Just kidding. :lol: Glad you like it. I'll have to continue this series. Lets see.... wrecked steamers, cannibalised ones.... the possibilities are endless! BUT I need to know exactly what you guys want, so place your junk orders here!

Sam
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

I don't think he could get that thing up to 25 mph even on a down hill slope. LOLOLOL

Let's see, I'm looking for old rusty corner brackets with the bolts still in 'em. Even possibly a part of the corner, too.

A busted up end beam wouldn't be to bad.

And, how about one side frame of an old arch bar truck.

Rick
Trainzsam

Post by Trainzsam »

Ok, I'll get to work! It should be ready in a day or two.

Sam
Trainzsam

Post by Trainzsam »

Well it just so happened I had a little somethin' sitting on my hard drive, I chopped off some parts and so here it is: Image
Like it? The textures are a little lighter in trainz, and I can change them if you like.

Sam
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

Well, to be honest, I was thinking more along the lines of an arch bar side frame like this;

Image or this; Image

Rick
Trainzsam

Post by Trainzsam »

ooohhh... I guess mine is a little bit more basic than what you were thinking of. Ok, I'll fix it.

Sam
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

I believe yours is more, 'turn of the century' and, these older type where in the 1800s.

Rick
Trainzsam

Post by Trainzsam »

Its going to take a little longer than I thought to make all the junk, it might be a few more days, sorry... :oops: Don't ya just hate it when real life gets in the way of our trainz? :lol:

Sam
Trainzsam

Post by Trainzsam »

Ok, I finally was able to pin myself down and do a bit of work, so here it is:
Image I'll get to work on those corner brackets and end beams too.

Sam

EDIT: I almost forgot, all the hard stuff was done by pencil, I downloaded the source files and removed some parts and moved em' around a bit. :wink: