Something I would Really Like to See

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
trekkieguy34

Something I would Really Like to See

Post by trekkieguy34 »

I would really like to see a Western&Atlantic Railroad boxcar i think that would be a great addition to the W&ARR passenger and combine coaches.
Col Hogan

Re: Something I would Really Like to See

Post by Col Hogan »

Welcome to the bunch Trekkie. Hopefully you'll have a cupla hundred more entries before it's too long.

I'll bet that Curtis will be following this thread in the not to distant future with his entry
of the W&A boxcar. Have you checked the DLS for the same entry ? Just about every other road
is represented with the boxcar revenues. However, if you're a narrow gauge lover like most
of us here, you may be in luck. Someone could probably re-skin to a W&A classic.

Good Luck
Ken
"Floundering Around in Mediocrity For No Particular Reason...."
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

WVA-USA was working on some Civil War freight cars, including a W&A boxcar. He has a gallery at http://gallery.wvrailroads.net/Civil-War-Housecar, but I don't know if he ever released them.
He had a post over at the Auran forums (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthre ... post192619); perhaps a PM would be in order?
Dreadnought1

Post by Dreadnought1 »

Folks,
For those thinking Civil War period railroads, the Kalmbach book 'Mid-Sized Track Plans for Realistic Railroads' has a 14-page chapter on the US Military Railroad City Point and Army Line. Lots of ideas and photos for those modelling that period.
Cheers,
Dreadnought1
"Damn the torpedoes....Ahead!....Full Speed!"
- Adm. David Farragut on 5th August 1864
meconicuk

Post by meconicuk »

That Kalmbach book showing the Civil War USMR layout for City Point sounds interesting.
I wouldn't mind seeing the plan to see how they tackled it; but I can't find this book at a UK stockist.

Osprey are bringing out a 'CIvil War Railroads Tactics' in August and I've reserved a copy.
Mac.