Bodie & Benton Ground Breaking

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
Ethan Stone V&T Man

Bodie & Benton Ground Breaking

Post by Ethan Stone V&T Man »

I, hear by glad to say that the Bodie & Benton Railway Company has broken ground on this day October 7, 2009, I shall post picts on this forum later this week or next week if i can. any commets are welcome
Thanks Much,
Last edited by Ethan Stone V&T Man on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pencil
Site Admin

Re: Bodie & Benton Ground Breaking

Post by Pencil »

Looking forward to it!
Ethan Stone V&T Man

Update, in the past week a lot has been accomplished with the road most of the track work into the woods are done and now starting to work on the logging points/camps some track work left mostly sidings in the woods also.
P. S. All updates will be posted on this forum page. Comments welcome.
Thanks
SR6900

Post by SR6900 »

There was a long series in NG&SLG about this railroad including drawings for all the rolling stock and several of the sturctures along the route. I have all of these if anyone needs them for content creation. The route sounds interesting.
Ethan Stone V&T Man

I could use them, pm me please thanks, i really need them so please responce to me please.
Thanks
Ethan Stone V&T Man

Lots done in the past week i got mono lake done except for texturing under the water and no starting the line for mono mill to bodie.
Thanks
Coments Wellcomed
Ethan Stone V&T Man

I'm taking a break from the Bodie & Benton for awhile and i won't pick up until after the christmas holiday. But i got a good amout done around the mill, but the mill is not complete yet while i yet trying to find plans for it, if you have any or know where to look for it please respond to me on this forum page it would be gracefully appreatied and i'll PM you thanks. But over my break i'll be working on my 2nd largest route called the Eagle Mountian Railroad, & the Silver Plume & Lake Bennet Railroad and hope to get it almost done by the end of the year. And also if anyone know if there any good tutorials for blender please respond on this forum.
Thanks Comments Welcomed
Ethan. :D :D
Ethan Stone V&T Man

Work has been resumed on the route but I will have to take out the track form Mono Mills to Bodie because the grades and the aliment of the track was way off the grade was supposed to be 3.8% or 200 feet to the mile, in the last twelve miles to Bodie and i got well over 5% on it. And also i will work on the Lime Kiln and Warm Springs sidings. And if anyone has any pictures of the Bodie yards in books or photos please drop me a line on this forum or PM me Thanks, I really need them. :!:

Any comments are welcomed :D

Thanks
Ethan Stone V&T Man

I have started everything over because all the work i did got lost and since the time i was going to take out the track and redo it was lost because of the problem. now on the new one i got the Mono Lake all textured and water on it and also located some of the mines in Bodie like the Lent Shaft, the Standard, and the Bulwer Mining Co. being the lent is only 700 feet from the tracks coming in to Bodie a mile south of town.

Any Comments Welcomed
Shortline2
Location: Stuck in Norway, wish I was in the Netherlands - borned/raised in Norway...

Post by Shortline2 »

Hi Ethan,

I'm not sure if this is the mill you talk about, but I know there are drawings for this one online, in great size for printouts or whatever.

"Standard Gold Mill, East of Bodie Creek, Northeast of Bodie, Bodie, Mono County, CA"

A link I have is this one
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collections ... index.html and then search for "Bodie Mill" or the name given above.
Sorry can't give direct links as they changes any time I've been in there looking.

Other then that, I read this forum once in a while, but anytime I see this thread has new posts I get all excited as from your posting, I make this images in my head and think over what you write and just add in from that one.
Imagination is a good friend of mine you see. LOL

Actually, I enjoy seeing the spirit and the work going into this - I've long lost my own, and still looking for it - glad to see others being able to hold on to their own, thank you for sharing the words of progress.

Best wishes for the new year to come, may 2010 be a wonderful year for all of us!

Linda
Ethan Stone V&T Man

Thanks very much Linda, hope i can get more plans for the mines and mills of bodie and expecially Mono Mills, and the railroad. and also have a safe and happy 2010.

Also has Mark work on his Gilpin Tram Lately?
Shortline2
Location: Stuck in Norway, wish I was in the Netherlands - borned/raised in Norway...

Post by Shortline2 »

Hi Ethan,

Regarding Mark and the Gilpin Tram, last I heard was that if anyone could seriously spend time working on it and make it more ready, Mark would be willing to let them as he had no time for it, or if I remember correctly the right word, energy for it.

My computer is to old to run the Gilpin Tram route very good, which is sad, as I would have liked to update a few of my items made for that - but I hope that 2010 will give me the means to change that.

It's a massive route, and I think Mark has moved on to so many other non Trainz stuff that I'm not sure how into Trainz he is anymore, as we more or less has lost contact with each other.
Keeping busy on our own side of the world so to speak. :)

I'm not sure what is out there of info related to the Bodie area - I never had much interest in it, but I keep it in my in my travelings around hunting for info and stuff that I normally look for, and who knows, I know I seen some stuff related to that area, I just don't remember where and what kind of info.

Have a great time you too

Linda
Ethan Stone V&T Man

Thanks for the help so far and if you stumble apon anything about the Bodie area please notofy me as soon as you can and hope you can get a better computer to run the Gilpin Tramway and good luck and have fun in 2010.
Ethan Stone V&T Man

The Bodie & Benton has compleated it new grade into Bodie from Mono Mills, It will steam hard into 2010 and the years to come. Thanks for all the help you guys gave me in starting this route and to where it stands today, Now i shall work and the Standard spur to the Standard Mine and work on the sidings at Lime Kiln, and Warm Springs, then the additional tracks into the forest south of Mono Lake. :D
Ethan Stone V&T Man

Siding at Warm Springs and Lime Kiln is compleated. I'm trouble with the location of Mono Saw Mill and the town of Mono Mills with the real photos and the Virtual Model. (landscape), also i'm going book shopping to find more about the about the Bodie & Benton.