Locomotive Problems

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
NevadaNorthernFan

Locomotive Problems

Post by NevadaNorthernFan »

Hello Curtis,

I have downloaded your very nice 2-6-0 locomotives onto TS2010 with all the patches installed on it also, and I have a glitch with them, when I go to survayor and try to place them in the game the only thing in the list is the tender and the locomotive is no where to be seen, can you help me solve this problem I having? Thanks Curtis!
Cheers,
Nevada Northern Fan
Pencil
Site Admin

Re: Locomotive Problems

Post by Pencil »

Do they show as faulty or missing any dependencies in CM?
NevadaNorthernFan

Yes, They do Curtis. And one more thing I am downloading Gmax and do I need to download any thing else with it, or which content building program do you reconmend?And how do I set it up to send stuff to TS2010? Thanks!
Cheers,
Nevada Northern Fan
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

OK, what are the errors or missing dependencies shown?
NevadaNorthernFan

Ok, for the V & T Mogul #4 Virginia both versions just built and 1870s it says, "V&T Loco #4 Unknown Location" Then "Kuid2:124060:51001:2 is Unknown Location"And the "#4 Tender As Built is Obsolete" and "Baldwin 2-6-0 Engine Spec is Unknown Location" also I assume all of your locomotives say those problems also. Then your orecar has two problem that is ARN Icon is Obsolete. And the V&T Standard Guage Ore Car Textures will not download, only a small bit then it will turn red and not download any more. Thanks!
Cheers,
Nevada Northern Fan
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Sounds like more DLS issues - I downloaded all those items before this latest problem, but it looks like now perhaps they may be missing. I'll check with Zec & see if there's any issues....
In the meantime, can you download those items via the web ftp interface to the DLS?
NevadaNorthernFan

Hello Curtis,

Ok that sounds good, I have tried to download them through FTP interface and still the same deal, ans I've tried your website and the DLS. Thanks!
Cheers,
Nevada Northern Fan
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Interesting - they downloaded OK for me via the FTP interface. On the DLS webpage, are you clicking on the 'Download Page' link, then 'Download (FTP)?
NevadaNorthernFan

Yes, I have done that, I'll retry it again though. And one more thing when the locomotive gets into the download part of CM3.3 it has a question mark which says unkown location, then where the size is it is just a line, then it has a check mark in the finished box, but it never downloads, but everything else will download and show up in game, like the tender and thats it. While the search box in the game only shows the tenders and not the locomotive, the name never shows up. Thanks!
Edit:For Locomotive #8 Humboldt
There are missing dependencies 3 of them,
#1 Unknown Location: <kuid:124060:51001>
#2 Unknown Location: <kuid:126323:53052>
#3 Unknown Location: <kuid2:124060:51001:2>
Edit #2: The locomotive Humboldt shows up in the search feature but it is in red. Ans when I click on it it will not show up nor be placed onto the tracks in survayer.
Edit #3 Most of the problems I'm having are with the "Mogul Interior", "Mogul Drivers" "Mogul Drivers(red,plain)" "Baldwin 2-6-0 enginespec" and "260enginespec" Thanks!
Cheers,
Nevada Northern Fan
NevadaNorthernFan

Hello Curtis,

I've finally got the locomotives into the game, but there is one thing missing, when you hook up to some railcars like your ore cars the maximum speed it goes is 10-13 milesperhour, and I can't move once you put it into go in both DCC and in Cab Mode. Any Ideas on how to fix this? Please reply.
Thanks
Cheers,
Nevada Northern Fan