1920s stuff

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
Pencil
Site Admin

1920s stuff

Post by Pencil »

Here I'll post intermittent progress on 1920's scenery items that I'm making for my V&T route; which I have set in 1923.

First up is a set of Mack dump trucks. I have two base versions - on with a load of dirt, and one without. There's a parked version of each, a static version with a driver, and a traffic version (with working headlights, even!)

I think I'm getting close to uploading these to the DLS, but if anyone wants to take a look first and let me know if you want to see any changes, feel free.
The driver is just a placeholder mesh - I'm still working on that. I also included a sample 1920's region with the two trucks (and some other 1930's cars).

http://carsoncarshops.com/files/mack_dump.cdp

Enjoy!
Trainboi

Re: 1920s stuff

Post by Trainboi »

Curtis,
The Mack looks good, but I think the cab and hood might need higher resolution.
(that's with max settings. It doesn't look as crisp as your shot, so I'm not sure how you managed it, but that's a bit...chunky for me, lol)
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

I originally had the texture resolution one step higher, but was worried that the file size might be too much for a single vehicle. I'm certainly open to reconsideration, though - and it looks like I have at least one vote for the higher resolution :)
Kegg_Works

Post by Kegg_Works »

Woah... Awesome stuff you have there, Curtis!! Those trucks look awesome, and the steam shovel I've really interested in! Can't wait to see what else you have! :D
Eat Yer' Beans...
Route Building A.D.D!! :wink:
Trainboi

Post by Trainboi »

The steam shovel is on the DLS, I forget the author. They're really fantastic, though having good trucks really helps complete it.
Absolutely a vote for higher res, we can tone down settings if the performance hit is too much, but it's tougher to up the resolution if you can spare the frame rate.
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

OK, if I get a chance, I'll re-upload the trucks w/ higher resolution textures tomorrow. The steam shovel is by Jananton - he did a couple versions.
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Sorry about the delay; the trucks have been updated with higher-resolution textures (same link as above). The normal map is still low-res; I'll try and see if I can tell any difference with a high one this week.

Curtis
NormHart

Post by NormHart »

I'm coming to this party late but the truck looks great. I'm missing <kuid:124060:29019> which I suspect is the empty truck mesh that was in the earlier release. I would like to suggest the once you get it settled you might want to make a "product" version for loading on flat cars. :D

It is hard to tell which the boys are more interested in, the truck or the driver

It'll never replace the horse!
Last edited by NormHart on Sun May 21, 2017 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
NormHart

Post by NormHart »

Traffic version looks good! :D Of course now I'll have to figure out how to add drivers to all of togog's flivvers. (firemen are going to be a problem)

I am looking for good dirt and macadam roads, especially ones with functional intersections. Suggestions welcome.
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

NormHart wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:37 am I'm missing <kuid:124060:29019> which I suspect is the empty truck mesh that was in the earlier release.
Oops :oops: that should be fixed now, sorry about that! The new driver also needs a little work - his hands are spread a bit far at the moment...... Never mind - fixed now.....

NormHart wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:37 am I would like to suggest the once you get it settled you might want to make a "product" version for loading on flat cars. :D
Shouldn't be a problem....

Thanks for the feedback!
Curtis
NormHart

Post by NormHart »

Thanks!
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

OK, trucks should be done - including the product load:
http://carsoncarshops.com/files/mack_dump.cdp
I'll put these on the DLS in a couple days if no issues.......

I did change the KUIDs of the two drivers, so you might want to delete the old versions of them.
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Trucks are now on the DLS.

Next car (until the next distraction, anyway...):

Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Another Mack:
The Dodge is also progressing; I've finished the seats and am working on the roof.
Trainboi

Post by Trainboi »

Can't wait for more of these trucks...between this and the Potteries Loop cars, we are finally in a good place for early cars.