GREETINGS, GOOD FRIENDS....

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
Gizomat

GREETINGS, GOOD FRIENDS....

Post by Gizomat »

:) A warm greeting to all those that conform this wonderful Web.

:cry: I apologize by not to have interacted with you in these last days, but at the moment I am distant of the Trainz by personal causes.
If God wants soon it will retake my projects of the Trainz.

:wink: Again a hug from Venezuela of a person who has not forgotten them.....

Giorgio R
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Hi!
No problem - I have also been busy with work and home - hopefully I'll have some more time here again shortly :)

Curtis
meconicuk

Post by meconicuk »

Hello Giorgio.

Unfortunately: real life must come before toy trainz.
Mac.
Collin

Post by Collin »

Hi Giorgio

Please do not worry about us we are all very patient, If we are able to help you in any way with your difficulties please just ask and I for one will do all in my power to help

cheers

Collin
Collin
bdaneal

Post by bdaneal »

We'll still be here when you get back. Who knows, maybe I'll actually get around to releasing something by then! :lol:
(probably not, I got a new project thanks to a recent donation to the museum)
Cheers,
Ben
jayo

Post by jayo »

A money donation or a new piece of equipment? I guess I gotta see for myself! You think you could post the updated V&T locos soon to keep us occupied? :roll:
jayo

Post by jayo »

Well, post in the members only, anyway :lol:
bdaneal

Post by bdaneal »

Equipment donation. I don't think it has been moved to our site, and I haven't heard any word as to when it might be. Red River & Gulf 104 was officially donated to us on monday. This engine is known by most as the General II. My project will be to make a model of it, of course. (until it gets moved, when I get to work on the real thing :) )

No on the V&T, I'm still not done with the cab. Haven't started the cab is more truthful. I've been spending a lot of time on 750. I'm also not happy with the detailing on Genoa. I really need some more photos of if from the 1873-1880 era. Maybe it's time I invested in one of the V&T books.

To people who have read them, what's the best starter book on the V&T? While I'm at it, is there a good one on the Carson & Colorado?
Cheers,
Ben
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

#104 looks like a fun engine :)
For the V&T books; either 'The Silver Short Line' by Ted Wurm (http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Short-Line ... 870460641/), or 'Virginia & Truckee: The Bonanza Road' by Mallory Hope Ferrell (http://www.amazon.com/Virginia-Truckee- ... 945434693/).
Ferrell's book feels sloppier factually (sort of like Beebe & Clegg), but is geared more for modeling with lots of photographs & drawings.
As I recall, there aren't that may pictures from that era - I'd be happy to look through and get what I can, though.
bdaneal

Post by bdaneal »

Well, if there aren't many pictures, nobody can prove that I'm wrong! :lol:
But, if you don't mind looking I would like to see whatever there might be picturewise from the era. The only one I've seen is the one on the top left of this page. That's where the idea of the sheet metal pilot is from. It looks like there might be an air pump behind the three kids in the front. I wonder what year that's from, then?

I'll look into those books. All I have on the railroad is a small section in Beebe & Clegg's Mixed Train Daily.
Cheers,
Ben
jayo

Post by jayo »

Darn :( . Stone Mountain donated their General II? Didn't see that one coming! I always thught the museum could use a 4-4-0 (and I thought maybe they ought to trade one of their engines to the TN Valley Railroad in exchange for their Central of Georgia 4-4-0 #349 :roll: ). Looks like the General II may be operating alot sooner now! :) But I do hope the mountain will still work to get the Texas running again :roll: , so I'll still want to go.
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Ben,

That's the only picture I was able to find of the Genoa in that time period also. Most pictures I found of her were 1900-1908 (which may be why she's restored to that period).
There's a slightly larger version of the picture you have at http://cencalrails.railfan.net/historicalvtrr.html. The writing above the picture says 1870's (my guess is after the fire of 1875, as the Con-Virginia behind the Genoa appears to be the post-fire version).
I took some detail shots of her in the CSRM - since she's restored to early 1900's, I'm not sure how much are useful to you or not. They are posted in the gallery; http://www.carsoncarshops.com/gallery/t ... p?album=25

One note from Ferrell:
'Wrecked near Reno (10-1874) when Genoa hit two runaway flat cars at full speed.When in shop, she became the first V&T locomotive to be fitted with Westinghouse straight air (driver) brakes." The wreck might explain the metal pilot?
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

Gawd, I love all that wood in the tender... drool. :D
Rick
TRS 2004 Deluxe Edition v2.4 Build 2365
Creating in 3D Canvas Pro
Web site = http://allricksstuff.com/
Gizomat

Post by Gizomat »

:) Thanks, Good Friends by their words..

Do not worry, is not so serious my problem, always I have said that in this life everything can be solved…

Hugs....

Giorgio R
jayo

Post by jayo »

GROUP HUG! :D

Hey, speaking of the museum, bdaneal, any word on when the General II will be moved? Also, how's the work on that Georgia Power switcher coming? Let me know! :wink: