Locomotive Sand KUID

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
Solomani

Locomotive Sand KUID

Post by Solomani »

I finally got a new computer that could handle Trainz 2019 and started loading up my old content.

Some of my very favorite locomotives in Trainz are the 8 Carson and Colorado locomotives. Sadly I have not been keeping things up to date and found that Trainz 2019 does not like KUID2:43955:110041:1 "Locomotive Sand". I believe that one came from SteamMachine. I looked up his site and it would seem he has not updated it in more than a decade (life moves us along).

I hunted around a bit and with out any real experimentation I picked KUID2:86105:60601:2 as a replacement. Seems to work to get things running although I have not tested any "sanding" of the rails yet.

Anyone else make these changes?

Also, does it matter if the Baldwin 8-20D Whistle (KUID"648132:100690) from the Glenbrook is now showing as obsolete?

-John
Trainboi

Re: Locomotive Sand KUID

Post by Trainboi »

John,
The sand KUID is whatever. The only issue is that way you won't be able to use any of the sand houses in the game (all use Prowler's KUID, which is why I keep using it). But the engine doesn't actually consume sand, so it's not an issue.
As for the whistle, being obsolete just means a newer version exists. It's not an issue.
Solomani

Post by Solomani »

Thanks!

I expected that was the reason. Not a big deal for me as I rarely make use of any of the in-game products.

Thanks for the quick reply and thank you for the great, and well researched, locomotives you and your cohorts create.

-John
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

I should probably switch the sand houses to use something on the DLS for ease of use; any preferences?

Curtis
Solomani

Post by Solomani »

My preference would now be to use the KUID that I used above as a replacement. But that is only because I used that one and for no other good reason.
-J