Rick "thegrindre" Hargraves

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
Col Hogan

Rick "thegrindre" Hargraves

Post by Col Hogan »

Today, I have the unpleasant task of bringing some bad news. Over this past weekend, our friend 'the grindre' suffered through a devistating apartment fire and lost everything but did get out with his life. Everything is gone and the community of Robinsonville, Mississippi is helping out the best they can. A small town about 30 miles south of Memphis, Tenn on the Mississippi River.

Rick and I spoke on-line on Saturday evening and all seemed well. After he had gone to bed, the fire-department sirens woke him up and he was able to escape with nothing more than his clothes on his back. Sixteen other families were involved in the fire. I do not know the extent of damage as yet but did get a note from Rick this morning about 11am about what happened.

He is in a hotel so far and was able to tap out a message at the library for me and of course, his PC and all his belongings perished.

Please say a prayer for Rick and the others who lost their property as well.
Someday soon, we'll hear back from Rick, but until then, let him stay in your prayers.

Ken
"Floundering Around in Mediocrity For No Particular Reason...."
Trainzsam

Post by Trainzsam »

I am very sorry to hear this, its very hard to loose all of ones belongings and ones home so quickly... atleast he got out alive. If you talk to him anytime soon, please tell him that we all will miss him.

Sam
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

That's terrible news! I'm glad everyone made it out OK, though.

Curtis
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

I am OK, everybody. I little worse for ware maybe...
I'm at the library this morning and thought I'd just check in here. I did loose everything but I am gonna bounce back... "hide and watch".

The community is feeding us and the apartment complex is putting us up in a hotel till they get available housing again for us. We're all gonna make, though.

Thanks, Ken.

Rick
Rick
TRS 2004 Deluxe Edition v2.4 Build 2365
Creating in 3D Canvas Pro
Web site = http://allricksstuff.com/
Dreadnought1

Post by Dreadnought1 »

Keep your chin up, mate, and hang in there!
You are in our thoughts.
Cheers,
Dreadnought1
"Damn the torpedoes....Ahead!....Full Speed!"
- Adm. David Farragut on 5th August 1864
meconicuk

Post by meconicuk »

Sorry for your trouble; Rick.

The fire sounds like it couldn't have happenned at a worse time of the year(Xmas on the horizon).

Hope you make a quick recovery from this disaster.
Mac.
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

More good news. They just assigned my a new apt with a queen sized bed. Looks like I'll have to buy everything else, though. I have a new PC on order and I should be back on line in a couple weeks.

I'm gonna make, friends... :D Thanks for all the support. :wink:
Rick
Trainzsam

Post by Trainzsam »

I have another "lokey" in the works right now (another porter modification), and I think you will like it, Rick. :D I'm glad to hear you have another apartment too!

Sam
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Great to hear you have a new place, Rick!
You'll be back, even better than before!!
Col Hogan

Post by Col Hogan »

Awright, Bud.....I'm anxious to hear what MONSTER2 is going to be.
Bigger? Yep. 8)
Better ? Yep 8)
Cost More ? Yep, Yep ,Yep :? :? :?
(Sounds like a commercial, huh?)

I sure am glad to hear your able to make it back to the world in one piece.
Having heard bad news several times in my lifetime especially about friends and family, is always real hard. You've just been one of them and hearing that you made it through makes me feel real good. :D

The new monster2 should make you feel even better.
I'm sure we'll hear more from you real soon.

Ken :mrgreen:
"Floundering Around in Mediocrity For No Particular Reason...."
Dietrichj

Post by Dietrichj »

I feel aweful Rick, but at least you're alright. What would we do without you? :wink: Good luck with the whole process, and I'm sure you'll be back soon enough! :)

Dietrich
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

Good news folks.
I'm at the library again to let you know things are looking up.

The PC shop said my MONSTER2, as Ken puts it, should be ready TODAY before 6pm... YAHOO!!! It's a BIG one too, btw. LOL

My Internet provider said they could hook me up on Wednesday before noon... YAHOO!!!

I should be back with a vengence next week... LOL... YAHOO!!!

Looking forward to any 3 footer right now, LOLOLOL

I made it...
Rick
jayo

Post by jayo »

Yeah, what would we do without you? Live the life of Riley, maybe? :lol: By the way, would you happen to know what caused the fire? And sureley, oops, I mean thegrindre there ought to be a couple of things that weren't burnt... :roll:

And take my advice, move out of those apartments as soon as you can. I've heard stuff from people in them that have had troubles in them. Like when the apartment falls into disrepair and there's a whole political procedure that's keeping it from getting fixed. Not to mention the bad-egg people who tend to live in them and act like they own the place! :wink:
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

As far as the reason goes, it has just been released, (January), to say, undetermined causes. (This is odd because of what I do know about it all. Oh, well.)

Yes, I was able to recover some things.
My kitchen wasn't too badly burnt. I've recovered most all my dishes and silverware and a few odds and ends there.
A fireman found my 'baby' box, although most everything was badly water damaged, I did recover a few mementos.
I still may have an opportunity to go through my bedroom and closet to find some valuables. Not sure, yet.

The PC area was pretty much destroyed. I have recovered a few CD's but nothing of any importance, unfortunately.

Thanks for the support everyone,
Rick
jayo

Post by jayo »

How old was that computer? What were its specs? If it was like 3 years old, it may have been just as well. :roll: