Trainz in the Calico Mountains: Sunrise Canyon/Palm Borate

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
NormHart

Re: Trainz in the Calico Mountains: Sunrise Canyon/Palm Borate

Post by NormHart »

Do you happen to know the color of the striping on the domes?

BTW PCB you are doing a wonderful job on the desert vegetation.
ferroequine

Post by ferroequine »

Norm,

All striping would be Aluminum. On a Baldwin spec the second notation in Olive Green & Aluminum would apply to all striping or anything that looks white. If there were multiple stripes on the domes one of them could have been red or another color, but this is a pretty straightforward scheme.

Another detail of note: the jackets on these locomotives were Planished Iron with polished iron bands.

As with all Baldwin products, everything that is currently "Black" on the locomotive should be Olive Green except the tops of the cab roof, running board, tender deck and tender top which would be a mineral (brown) color.

With that in mind, the N1 does make a real nice stand-in for T&T 5 and 6. Nice work PCB.
PacificCoastBorax99

Post by PacificCoastBorax99 »

NormHart wrote:Me too, and thank goodness you were able to recover the route.

The locomotives look great but I'm of the "locomotives were never gray" crowd so I would think they would be a bit more like black.

Just my opinion and I seem to be in the minority.
ferroequine wrote:FYI: T&T 5 and 6 were Baldwin's standard Olive Green & Aluminum as built.
NormHart wrote:Do you happen to know the color of the striping on the domes?

BTW PCB you are doing a wonderful job on the desert vegetation.
ferroequine wrote:Norm,

All striping would be Aluminum. On a Baldwin spec the second notation in Olive Green & Aluminum would apply to all striping or anything that looks white. If there were multiple stripes on the domes one of them could have been red or another color, but this is a pretty straightforward scheme.

Another detail of note: the jackets on these locomotives were Planished Iron with polished iron bands.

As with all Baldwin products, everything that is currently "Black" on the locomotive should be Olive Green except the tops of the cab roof, running board, tender deck and tender top which would be a mineral (brown) color.

With that in mind, the N1 does make a real nice stand-in for T&T 5 and 6. Nice work PCB.
NormHart: For the T&T reskins, I followed the livery style of all the other N1 reskins I've seen out there to remain consistent, but I did follow the pattern shown on the pictures I have in my possession.

ferroequine: It is interesting to know this. You must tell me more, this might help with other projects I am planning to do with the T&T engines.

And thanks for all the comments guys! It is much appreciated! :D
Trainboi

Post by Trainboi »

PCB,
Note that I'm looking at the possibilities of procuring diagrams for some locos in the region, notably on the Bullfrog Goldfield and LV&T. If you run across any diagrams of T&T stock you'd like, I'd happily consider it.
PacificCoastBorax99

Post by PacificCoastBorax99 »

Trainboi wrote:PCB,
Note that I'm looking at the possibilities of procuring diagrams for some locos in the region, notably on the Bullfrog Goldfield and LV&T. If you run across any diagrams of T&T stock you'd like, I'd happily consider it.
Very well! It so happens I do have a large number of resources, photos, specifications and diagrams of the Tonopah & Tidewater engines and rolling stock I've gathered up over the years.

Send me a PM, and I'll be happy to show you and lend you whatever resources I have that you can use for your Trainz modelling. ;)