Mining, Snowing

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
lilb

Mining, Snowing

Post by lilb »

I have some problems with my mine car unloading. When it unloads the load mesh needs to fallow the mine car dumping, but I have no idea how to do that. I hope this will be able to work.
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o258 ... nished.jpg

I had this great idea for snow to simulate it actually plowing it. I don't know if it is possible though,

Track object, a type of block of snow so it would look like it was getting blown away by the rotary but actually going inside of it until it hit a trigger then disapearing under ground and rising slowly When gets so far into the rotary, it triggers (by triggers) its animation to go underground to simulate the rotary blowing it away by playing its animation.
Then it contiues playing its animation to where it is back up on the tracks as if it were actually snowing, but its animation moves very slowly. Then when it gets back up to the snow banks (scenery splines or objects) You would have to come plow it again. Would this be possible to script?

And another Idea for snow is it possible for a script to change the route textures depending on the weather?
Mrail

Post by Mrail »

I like the snow idea. Ive been waiting for someone to have an idea of how to make snow for a while. :D

Im shure on the details of how it would work but I would suspect it would work like a signal. When it gets turned "red" by a train passing it would go down. I guess that would probably make the position of junctions affect the snow existing.

As I said I dont know much about scripting or animation, but hopefuly my thoughts will be usefull.