Sad news of a departed friend

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
thegrindre

Sad news of a departed friend

Post by thegrindre »

Hi all,
I bring you all some very shocking and sad news. Norm Whitney, aka NWhitney, had a heart attack and died last January, 2009.
He and I had been working on a number of projects together and he has helped out many others. Although he has never released anything of his own, he has had his 'hands' in many works that have been released to the DLS.
It saddens me deeply to think that he will no longer be in our presents.

I'm sorry...
Last edited by thegrindre on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rick
TRS 2004 Deluxe Edition v2.4 Build 2365
Creating in 3D Canvas Pro
Web site = http://allricksstuff.com/
Pencil
Site Admin

Re: Sad news of a departing friend

Post by Pencil »

That's terrible news, Rick! I'm very sorry to hear this.
thegrindre

Re: Sad news of a departing friend

Post by thegrindre »

He and I had become very close and after not hearing from him for awhile, well,...I'm still in shock after calling his wife tonight.

:(
Rick
TRS 2004 Deluxe Edition v2.4 Build 2365
Creating in 3D Canvas Pro
Web site = http://allricksstuff.com/
jayo

Re: Sad news of a departed friend

Post by jayo »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Col Hogan

Post by Col Hogan »

:cry:
I would like to add that Norm was quite an inspiration to me as well. Not only was he a huge
help with Rick, but during most of the Summer and Fall of last year, he and I worked on the six
coaches of the 30ng rolling stock that you see at Sir Gibby's Trainzone. All I did was ask for
a little help and sent some Gmax files and - off we went. An amazing Kitbasher when it comes
to making changes and of course, all of his work has his name attached to them as a huge
contributor.

I was shocked as well once I found out from Rick based on his call to Norm's wife.
Sadly, we will all suffer from this talented man and wish we had someone to keep
his legacy, short as it was, ongoing. Norm - here's to you bud in case you're watching......

Ken :cry: :cry:
"Floundering Around in Mediocrity For No Particular Reason...."
bdaneal

Post by bdaneal »

I honestly didn't know Norm well, but he did provide very good feedback on betas. He had a very good eye for spotting errors, and what's more is he was actually willing to point them out. It seems that there are relatively few Trainz users who actually will. It's a great loss to lose one of the few. Norm, you will be missed.

Ben
smokeygear

Post by smokeygear »

I must apologize for my sudden appearance here. This must be devastating to his family and friends. I wish them the best. I never knew Norm all that well, but he was a great guy. I am truly sorry about this tragic set of events.
Salutations
PO3 Darby