OBVIOUSLY

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
dreddman

OBVIOUSLY

Post by dreddman »

:P You Dudes are here because you like Old Western Worlds..........Me 2
I grew up with John Wayne leading the Cavalry and Errol Flyn Being a Pirate ..and Casey Jones steaming and a rolling to Peticote Junction if it wasnt Clark Gable's turn to change the Civil War "Gone With The Wind!"
I have been invited into the Viginia and Truckie Project kindly by Curtis as I wish to create some Western content which Colin might find usefull....
If you Guys have kept a eye on the Auran forums screenshots thread you would of seen Tall Ships (and others that carried flags that offend) Cavalry soldiers lots of interesting ideas LOL!
I met Curtis through the Steam and Sail concept Whec and ma are old mates swapping emails from the UTC Dayz The Dock Project is alive and well but the IDEA has expanded....."IMAGION" A farm or a Depot produces a product or one of Linda's Mines it leaves by rail or horse drawn wagon to the next destination rail depot? then off to the port ? load again then over the ocean Its all possible in Trainz
I have been updating the late Elvinors horse's and wagons to industry status end Result load at Linda's Mines :wink:
I will talk to Curtis about uploading some betas for the decerning Trainzerz
:wink: ...........
Now my Idea is anyone interested in doing a western layout Based around the US Civil War Era Trainz Cavalry Shipz ...
Layouts are not my strong point but I want Realistic scenes But Content is no problim.............is anyone interested in this sort of proiect?
It could be a dem historic layout or a hand made John Wayne "Eye Candy Movie" Fun type Layout .....................
Your Thoughts Please?
Cheers Mark
bdaneal

Post by bdaneal »

I'm no route builder, but you can sign me up as a general rail equipment builder. I have a nice old book on railroads in the Civil War with tons of plans of rail equipment in it. It also has plans of typical buildings from the era, so I could build those as well.

Now, I can finally have a good reason to build a Norris 4-2-0, Baldwin flexible beam 0-8-0 (or 0-6-0), and Winans Camel 0-8-0. And the Gaconade 4-4-0 that meconicuk mentioned was a style that was around at the time of the war. Plus there are the famous 4-4-0s, General (already being built, not by me), Texas, and Yonah.
Cheers,
Ben
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Someone else is doing the General, eh? Do you know if they are doing rolling stock also, or do I need to get busy?
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

As stated elsewhere, 'just keep the old stuff coming.' :D
Rick
TRS 2004 Deluxe Edition v2.4 Build 2365
Creating in 3D Canvas Pro
Web site = http://allricksstuff.com/
bdaneal

Post by bdaneal »

I don't think he has any plans to make rolling stock. He is building it as it appeared post war and in standard gauge. (as it looked from the 1890s to the present day, sans oil tank) I might ask if he'll let me kitbash a civil war era version out of it when he finishes.

EDIT: How timely. He's posted a screenshots thread here.
Cheers,
Ben
dreddman

General

Post by dreddman »

Yeah I saw it over at Auran Screenshotz Very nice
Over the Weekend I will get all the US and Reb Cavalry up to the DLS I also have Elvinors Stage load/unloading Western passangers and Curtis's baggage on the roof with animated doors ready and a couple of other wagons I want to turn his Grocery wagon (std as well will cary Curtis's oranges " into a Ambulance and a couple of Dudes from both sides on crutches stretcher carries ect....to complete the scene
Currently searching for Plantation Mansions (TARA) or might make something with Pillars to put in front of other buildings to make them look like it?.....Gota have a Destroyed Loco :wink:
I am converting Elvinors ORE Wagon (learing Texture replacement) to service some of Linda's Great Mines ............
This is getting Interesting!
Collin

Post by Collin »

Yes I will do a map for you. But!!!!!!!!!! Have we got a deal for you!!! You need to do some things for us.

Now to the details. I will build a 6 board map for you as a sampler for your content during breaks from my V&T mapbuilding and research. After the V&T is complete one of the 10 future projects I have listed for consideration is the Richmond Fredericksberg & Potomac as it was during the Civil War.

In return for doing the 6 B and upgrading the RF&P to next I hope you would like to build some content for the V&T. Some of the content will be generic and could also be used for the 6 B and later for the RF&P.

Let me know what you think
Collin
dreddman

Post by dreddman »

:wink: Just tell us what you need made Colin
Collin

Post by Collin »

Hi Mark

If you look at the thread below Help with buildings for the Virginia & Truckee it lists the major landmarks we need. Curtis will post any pics he has in the galleries and I will be posting some from my archives when I get back home after a weekend in the mountains.

Cheers

Collin
Collin
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Here's a nice Civil War era railroad pic I came across today:
http://www.archives.gov/research/civil- ... ar-084.jpg
Pic is at City Point, Virginia.
More pictures at http://www.archives.gov/research/civil-war/photos/
meconicuk

Post by meconicuk »

I like the archive images you gave the Link for; Curtiss. Decent sized photo's.

Do you or anyone in the Group know if there are photo's/illustrations of
railroad practise PRE CIVIL WAR(1850 -1861)?

It would be to much to hope that someone might have published a book on
the subject?
Mac.
bdaneal

Post by bdaneal »

Edwin Alexander's Civil War Railroads and Models is intended to show practice during the war, which was the same as it had been from the late 1840s. Track, buildings, locomotives, rolling stock are all shown. Drawings and photos. Drawings included (that I remember) A dozen or so 4-4-0s (including Texas, General, and Yonah), Baldwin flexible beam 0-8-0s, Winans 0-8-0s, some ancient 0-4-0s and 2-2-0s (from England), and Grasshopper 0-4-0s. Typical freight cars are shown, many of which had been around from the 1840s. Several armored cars and passenger cars are shown as well. If you need photos or drawings of a specific subject, let me know what and I'll see what I have.
Cheers,
Ben
dreddman

Post by dreddman »

Uploaded Sunday Night about 6.30ish PM 16 Items to the DLS including all the US Cavalry and the Rebz Scenery Items and the Guncarrage and the update to Elvinors Stagecoach carries with animated doors Elvenors Western Passangers and Curtis's Western Baggage on the Roof
which will interact with The Intercontinental Hotel(yet to be made)
:wink:
meconicuk

E' Alexander's - Civil War Railroads and Models-

Post by meconicuk »

Thanks for the information Ben.

Have checked Amazon and will probably buy this book.
I also noticed the same author does...

'Down at the Depot'
Railroad Depots 1831 - 1920

This also sounds as though it may be worth getting.
Does anyone have info' on it?

Once again: thanks for the heads up, Ben.
Mac.
Col Hogan

Civil War Era Route

Post by Col Hogan »

Gentlemen -

This is my first post, however I have been around for a couple of years. Now, noticing that a 6B route map will be built by Collin and depicts the era around the Civil War. What I would like to propose is that I would like to be the scenic details correspondent extraordinaire !! I will take the longest time to perfect a scene and perhaps have too many detailed items for our own good. I have released a 9-Board route 36ng Tall Timber RR which is on DLS and has a huge bunch of details. Curtis will attest to that fact.

In summary, I will do my part in R&D for the period to make sure the details are correct in the route building process. I am no creator, however, but am a very detailed, patient person when it comes to ground level, photo-proper scenes.

If this suits your needs, I'll be grateful for the chance. If not, I'll be patiently awaiting til I hear of it's release.

Thankyou very much.

Col Hogan