I need advise on transfering assets from '06 to '04.

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
thegrindre

I need advise on transfering assets from '06 to '04.

Post by thegrindre »

OK, I'm convinced, '04 is a better game. It's time for the final move.

I spent about 3 months 'playin' '06 and have DLed a lot of special content from a lot of different places. Am I going to have any problems sending my favorite assets to '04 after saving them into .cdp format to move them over? I believe routes won't transfer but packaging assets into .cdp format should work in most cases won't it?

I'd also like to know what I will encounter running '06 after running '04 and back again... I noticed that after installing '04, all the little yellow 2006 icons changed to 'little green men' icons.

Thanks in advance,

EDIT: I've answered my own post. You can transfer content from '06 to '04.

:D
Last edited by thegrindre on Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick
TRS 2004 Deluxe Edition v2.4 Build 2365
Creating in 3D Canvas Pro
Web site = http://allricksstuff.com/
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

As long as the asset was originially created for 04 or earlier, you should have no problems transferring it.
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

Thanks, Curtis.
I've written a little tutorial on it as I was doing the move over. My sig has a link to it.

Anyone interested in moving assets from '06 to '04 is welcomed to read it. It's how I did it, btw.
Rick
jayo

Post by jayo »

Personnally, I don't think it's worth doing. TRS2006 is easier to work with, and 04 is becoming more obsolete as UTC is, as far as capabilities, and especially with Trainz Classics. My advice is to stop living in the past with 04, and move forward...
(Sorry about what you think I might be conveying, but that's how I feel)
thegrindre

Post by thegrindre »

jayo,
You may voice your opinion as you see it, as I will voice mine, also. I didn't feel it was fare to pay for upgrades as Auran has made so many of you do. They should have been SP5 and SP6 to an already great working game as '04 is. I'm not wasting anymore money on their so called 'new' versions. I'm sticking with '04, now. I was able to compare two versions as I started with '06 and now am running '04. I didn't see any major improvements or new game features in '06 that warranted the purchase I made. I'm sorry I spent the money. I've read the sad reviews about TC as nothing more then another upgrade... Oh, well... I'm not falling for their money making scam. :wink:

Not too worry, though. KRS and MSTS2 are just around the corner, anyway. Then, we can all get back into real RR simulating again.

That's my opinion... :D
Rick
jayo

Post by jayo »

Me, I'll just stick with Trainz. I'll be desked if we ever see MSTS 2 go anywhere. Maybe I'll do those if they are backwards compatible with MSTS. Personally, I think Auran should have pursued a license to integrate MSTS content into Trainz before Raildriver got it!
I'm all for going with TC, and it looks quite good for me. But unlike TRS06, I think I'll wait until it comes to stores here for $20 as TRS06 has. I kinda like its having 2 routes, most of the built-in content in 04 and 06 I never really use, and they're just taking up valuable hard drive space :P